Open Mic 08: Recording + After-Show Chat

Looking forward to watching the show.

4 Likes

Yes It was a great experience, that I am grateful that you gave me. Being part of this community has pushed me beyond my greatest expectations. I would definitely participate again. As a newbie it was a very welcoming environment and I encourage any one to try it. Whatever level you are at, it was also inspirational to see where folks have got to that started on this same journey. Justin’s lessons are great and their effect is multiplied by this community.

8 Likes

Looking forward to the recording, sound like it all went down well, congrats everyone!

4 Likes

Maybe you can play at the next one @Notter?

5 Likes

It’s on the record in my learning log as a goal for this year @jkahn , so if the date on the next one fits then, gulp, yeah I’ll go for it!

8 Likes

@Notter see my latest post !! :sunglasses:Open Mic 009 - Call For Interest

5 Likes

Its out there now Mark :rofl::+1::raised_hands:t2:

5 Likes

Saw it as soon as I’d typed that reply to JK and did a facepalm!!
Will check both of those dates and post up on your thread @TheMadman_tobyjenner . Cheers!

4 Likes

:joy: sure is @tRONd , what’s typed cannot be un-typed!

How did you find it on your side. Looking forward to checking out your slot from last night!

4 Likes

I did the same thing Mark. Posted it in my log, gave myself a loose time perspective as before 2022 ended.
Just do it Mark. You will not regret and the outcome is quite a thing regarding building up confidence. Seen your playin. Its great so you will kill it… no problem :+1:
Yeah. Take a look at the OM8 when you have time and its released. There is a couple of mindblowing performances and a very high overall quality on the performances.
You inspired me to play standing up by the way… your last take were you stood up were cool, decided to go for it myself this time. So thanks!

5 Likes

Wow that’s some compliment to give and receive @tRONd , thank you!

I can imagine the rewarding feeling from it as well as the nerves! But of course I know the support everyone would give. I’ll be on it :+1:

6 Likes

What a a great night it was with fantastic performances. I’m sorry I couldn’t stay for the after party chat.

Thank you @adi_mrok and @DavidP for organising it and running it. It is really appreciated.

Anyone who hasn’t done it, I would say give it a whirl. Everyone is very supportive, regardless of your level. We all know what it takes to get to where you’ve got, so don’t be afraid. Like Nike said, “Just do it!”

8 Likes

Thanks Trond, went a lot better than I expected given my practice time.

You, my friend, were awesome. It’s very easy to get transported to another place listening to you!

2 Likes

I would definitely second that sentiment Shane. Even the technical issues will be
a valuable lesson for next time.

Absolutely, I too was a lot less nervous for my second run. So for any other introverts out there, just get signed up you will learn so much. And there can be no better arena to dip your toe in.

Again, I would call for anyone to have a go regardless of what level you are at. I was so hard on myself last night because of the exceptional level of all the other performers, but have since thought on and realised that this is the perfect place to push your limits and just have a go. From the outside it may look like it’s only the members of the forum who can perform and sing take part but it’s not about that at all, it’s just about making a statement on where you are at, where you would like to go and most of all having fun and getting some small reward for all the hours of practice we put in, even if that’s at beginner level 1.

Thanks to all the organisers especially @adi_mrok who has probably been up all night editing videos, not to mention the work and preparation leading up to the event. @DavidP Don’t understate your role, without the likes of you stepping up, this kind of event just wouldn’t get going.

6 Likes

Thank you David. Wise words as usual - forever grateful for your ongoing support and encouragement.

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

Well spoken Dave!!

3 Likes

:pray: thanks Kev. Dont quite know what to respond to your comment. Means a lot!!

2 Likes

@liaty @SgtColon

As I said above to Trond, I appreciate it, serving the Community means as much to me as the learning to play, but truly the plaudits for this event belong to all and most especially for Adrian for the hard work to put the roster of performers and audience together during the run-up.

4 Likes

Any chance you could post a link to this as can’t see one in the posts?

@Stuartw

Stuart, I will do so as soon as Adrian has finished the video editing and preparation plus received the OK from each performer to have their part published on YT (some folk would rather not for whatever personal reason, which is OK and respected)