Open Mic 010 - Call For Interest

Sorted Nancy, look out for further updates in a couple of weeks !
:sunglasses:

Audience for me again please Toby. UTC+1 cheers

1 Like

Thank you David and noted. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Add me in Toby… I’ll rattle out a tune even if it’s an old one……although I’m sure I’ll have something new by then

1 Like

Will do👍

Sign me up @TheMadman_tobyjenner

Dont have time to come up with any new stuff, but i have a nice and easy one in the bank thats not been published on the forum before…

I am more than happy to step aside if the rooster fills up and i do not want to get in the way for any first timers, in that case i rather go for a seat in the audience.

3 Likes

We just started working on one, but we will be back in Michigan visiting family & friends for 3 weeks, so practice time will be limited. If you end up needing someone to play that’s cool, but I doubt it. So please put us in the audience this time. Thanks!

@tRONd @TheCluelessLuthier

Trond / Mark

Request duly noted and received with gratitude. It had all gone a bit quiet !! Thought we might have scared folks off with the new regs.

Reminds me I haven’t even put me sen down !!

Cheers

Toby

1 Like

Well it does get a bit boring when rules and regs come in to it. :smiley: We are all free spirits.

We wanna be free! We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride! We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man. And we wanna get loaded. And we wanna have a good time. And that’s what we’re gonna do. We are gonna have a good time. We are gonna have a party.

1 Like

If you are lucky Stefan, that might be the makings of a jolly good song. :wink:

1 Like

Toby please could you put me down for the audience, I am race director for a 5k that morning, so not sure I will have the energy to perform. Cheers Phil

No probs Phil. sorted. Can you just confirm the Delaware UTC please ?
Cheers

Delaware UTC -4. Thanks

1 Like

Thank you :sunglasses:

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate:roll_eyes:

With any luck I’ll have emerged out of the Chunnel and will be booking into some cheap knocking shop motel in a French northern town’s industrial estate.
Sittin’ this one out, peeps.

1 Like

I figure it was a song … no disrespect to your writing skills, Stefan … now I think about it, that’s a compliment :grin:

What a classic. I may have shared this thought before. I reckon if you sort the wheat from the chaff, a single rather than double Use Your Illusion would have been an album every bit as good as Appetite For Destruction. And Civil War would have been the opener from II.

1 Like

Could not agree more David, they could easily cut down to a single album of gems. CW brilliant!:sunglasses:

1 Like

I hadn’t heard that song in a long time. What a scream.

1 Like

In Googling to check which album CW was on and the first track on the other album (got to get the facts right), I noticed they’d released a single album in the USA that I never knew about.

Clearly I see things differently to whomever selected the tracks :laughing:

They opened with the Live and Let Die cover. Personally the song never did much for me ever, not one of my favourite Bond theme songs. And given the number of great GnR originals, I’d not even put the covers on a studio album, I’d rather leave them on live recordings.

Maybe it would be a fun “Just Chatting” chat to make your selection for a single Use Your Illusion double album?

I’d like to join the next one, and play a song if there’s room. I think I’ve played at 6 of the first 9, so I’m happy to watch from the audience if you get a full roster.

UTC-4

1 Like