Open Mic 08: Recording + After-Show Chat

Haha, I s’pose not being talked about is worse :laughing:
I have nothing against shorts, it’s what they reveal (coming from the guy who wears nothing else from May to October :roll_eyes:)

re:

naming the songs that people play …

If the Youtube alogorithm bots don’t detect what someone plays for a copyright hit then maybe, just maybe, it is obscure enough to warrant a name-check haha :wink:

@iainism here is a link to the chat that I saved. It is on my google drive not sure if there is somewhere else I should put it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AqPAEF7Tp3Om8Wl9ZlW5by-lmRNHlHNxp19XTgCzDbo/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

Thanks Phil. Added it to the first post in the topic.

That’s me out then as both of mine were tagged on the dry runs, must be getting better. Especially as there was no BT ! I am sure @adi_mrok could do the usual Copyright rankings for this one as he has before. And another reason not to do it and put JS in another legal wrangle.
:sunglasses:

Nervous would be a very understated way of putting it. :rofl:

But in the end it was a great experience and a memorable evening. I thoroughly enjoyed the event and all its performances.

Thank you for taking the time and providing feedback Jason, appreciate it.

Thank you @brianlarsen for your review!

@Mann_und_Mouse I finally managed to catch the recording as well, and catch-up with what I missed on the day, I can only echo what others said, you raised the bar even further with a really nice rendition.

2 Likes

Well folks you all need to sort it out for the next time according to algorithm :rofl: joking aside not sure why only one thing was picked up, unusual for OMs.

I have a chat transcript off Zoom however I am not sure if there is a point of uploading it now since dear Phil there already posted it :slight_smile:

You crack me up Mr L, thank you for such a kind words :smiley: my delicate nature overtaken the aggressive one on the music side, I suspect in the recent future there will be more edgy stuff rather than mellow lullabies :smiley: all the best and you were missed Brian, hopefully next time you’ll join in!

Oh an as far as for writing down songs goes - I don’t mind doing that as long as after the show people supply me with the info, unfortunately most of stuff I either don’t know at all or just don’t know the name of from the top of my head :smiley: but this potentially would have to follow on as not everyone is as quick on the keyboard as some of us :smiley:

@brianlarsen So good to read your review of everyone’s performance. Like reliving the night (morning! for me) again.

My shaking voice… as soon as I picked the first note I started shaking and my hands got sweaty! Did not expect that at all. Right up until the moment before that I was fine, just a little bit of nervous. First time playing and singing in public. Was a rush to perform though, loved it.

The piano is my daughters, maybe I could play 8 bars of Ode to Joy :joy:. I do have a steel handpan drum I’ve been thinking about pulling out sometime for a left field AVOYP though :thinking:

2 Likes

Just caught up with the show and what a fantastic one it was. Great performances from everyone especially the first timers taking the plunge. Thanks to @adi_mrok and @DavidP for organizing and MCing. Looking forward to the next one.

1 Like

Well done to all the performers! Just finished watching through! So good and such a good vibe! Thanks to Adrian and Dave for organising and hosting!

Stefan - well played and done for kicking off!

Kevin - love the songs - well delivered! Lucky Man is a favourite of mine and I liked your original.

Adrian (1) - that was immense! Crushed it! I can only imagine how much practice and perfecting that took - so inspiring!

Trond - beautifully played and such a perfect contrast to follow Adrian - I always love hearing you play thanks!

Raphael - well done! I was a bit worried from the preamble but nothing for you to be nervous on - great delivery - well done!

Toby - I missed the previous two attempts you mention but glad I caught this one! Well done! Very helpful to hear approach for improving a song up over time thanks!

Eric - Really nicely played! I liked all the details like the walk downs etc.

Iain - I remember the song - well played! Worked well as an acoustic cover and I liked the percussive taps which worked well. There are a few from that theme that I’ve been wondering how to arrange.

Dave - I liked the camera framing / stage like setting and enjoyed the songs thanks!

Mari & Krista - Thanks for the background history! Beautifully played and sung thanks!

Phil - Well done! As you said (and I found last time) - it’s a big milestone but so worth it. Looking forward to hearing you next time! :smiley:

Mark & Jen - Loved the hats, guitar and most importantly the performance - thanks!

John - Really like this song and your version of it thanks!

Adrian (2) - Awesome performance - all great but loved all the flourishes and details towards the end.

JK - well done on being up through the sun rising! Worth it - really enjoyed your playing and singing thanks!

Shane - well done as well for joining and performing despite the hour! Great end to a great evening!

Well done to everyone for playing and inspiring!

This is easily my favourite part of this great community! :heart: :grinning:

8 Likes

Always admire dedication of people willing to watch the show after the event. Thanks Al massive vibes for that and for nice words of encouragement at the same time, much appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks Al!! :pray:

Much appreciated!!

1 Like

Cheers Brian, I don’t know about the cojones :rofl:
I feel this time taking one of the first spots served me well

Thanks for the watch & feedback Al

1 Like

Much appreciated Al!

1 Like

I’m about halfway watching and it has been a very enjoyable show so far!

I’m really part of being part of this Community and I love to see people grow.
We have something unique going on here!

6 Likes

Al

Thanks for the feedback, most appreciated. Amazing was a new one for but perhaps it was your good fortune to have missed the first 2 iterations of Waiting For A Friend !! :rofl:

1 Like