Open Mic 10: Recording + After-Show Chat

Couldn’t resist @jkahn :joy:. Terrific playing tonight.

2 Likes

Derek

Welcome to the community. Being you first post I am intrigued as to how this thread came to your attention. Just wondering about visibility of the event. Were you able to view it or as a signed up community member reacted to this topic ? Just curious nothing else.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

I have major video glitching issues every OM. It wasn’t too bad today until Rod started playing, right before me, and then it was one of those jerky videos that stays on the same frame for 2 or 3 seconds at a time before jumping ahead!

1 Like

JK

The chat should be saved and available when Adi puts out the “raw” video for review by the performers.

Cheers

Toby

1 Like

That’s the only thing I missed, new performers.

Let’s hope someone will join for the next one!

2 Likes

Off to make dinner now, have a evening / day everyone! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Mari

I don’t think it’s dodgy Canadian bandwidth I had the same freezes when Rod was playing.

Toby

1 Like

Your performance was great Mari, no glitches my end for your set :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Cheers Toby, haven’t had the chance to go through it yet…

1 Like

Thanks Mark, you too. Really enjoying watching you progress! And I like the songs you do too which helps, was singing along to Boulevard :grinning:.

2 Likes

Rods OBS screen was different (jerky and freezing) than the webcam on his guitar and strumming hand in the normal zoom video window steady and fast.

1 Like

it would be easy to get put off with the quality of tonight’s show

Tonight was the first time I’ve performed without the lyrics & chords in front of me… made for a couple of mistakes in Sunny Afternoon :grinning:. A different experience!

Pretty sure Rod’s screen was jerky because he was doing screen sharing rather than just video sharing, Zoom overall seemed mostly fine for me aside from Mark & Jen’s issues. Real bummer when technical difficulties get in the way.

Yeah, I think he uses the screen share to more easily mix his sound, must be resource heavy.

And nobody noticed JK

Indeed Phil, couldn’t tell any flubs at all!

Phil

I could make that better by listing all my fubas that only I noticed tonight. But I hope newbies still aspire to having a go one day.

Cheers

Toby

1 Like

there were a few times the first few strums of a few performers came across poorly then it seemed to sort itself out

1 Like

Yes I missed Rod totally too.

1 Like

I think encouraging people to view the earlier ones helps. As everyone has improved greatly. It is definitely a good experience and worth doing

1 Like