Open Mic 10: Recording + After-Show Chat

Cheers Kevin, I cheated a bit and went through the pre YouTube version, just get a bit guilty for not interacting more on the night, but there’s a lot to sort out.

1 Like

@Mari63
Yeah it’s definitely intended as tongue in cheek not self-depreciating but “many a true word are spoken in jest”…

…I think I’m still trying to decide if this is a good or a bad thing, I’m torn :thinking:

However, it’s nice to be nice :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@liaty I always appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE and KIND … input :slightly_smiling_face: And for your performance I thought you rocked out! Nerves make it so easy to forget things - I also intended to give a shout out to DavidP, and I restarted twice (!) - but the key is to keep going. And have fun! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Let the record show that Rod was the first soundcheck and the first instruction from Jason was “turn down the volume on the vocal”! Around my household I’m known as the loud one, at least I’m consistent😎……Rod

2 Likes

Yeah your vocal was definitely too loud! :rofl:

2 Likes

Triad chips is what those are, learned them in module 18 last month. Been looking for a way to use them and this seemed a perfect opportunity. Thanks much for the kind comments!…Rod

2 Likes

Congratulations to everybody! What a great show! :smiley:

1 Like

I was using the built in camera of my laptop for the OM. I see that some if not all of the other performers are using remote cameras. What options are there to improve my options. I feel a need to move away from my desk bound position, which is cramped and leads to bumping into stuff.

John

I have 3 webcams plugged into the PCs USB ports. If your laptop has 2 USB ports, 1 for the AI and 1 for a webcam.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Do they come in different flavours? I quite like the sound of a packet of triad chips with a glass of beer!
:wink:

3 Likes

@Willsie01
John
I recommend a Logitech C615 half price at Argos just now.
If you need to expand your usb ports you can get a 3 or 4 port usb hub at modest cost.

2 Likes

I believe they come in both major and minor flavors. I served up both kinds on that song :sunglasses:…Rod

3 Likes

They were tasty :yum:

1 Like

Well done everyone who performed, you all did a fantastic job. There was some great songs in there to sing along to. Another fantastic open mic and the bar just keeps on climbing.

3 Likes

Thanks for the comments Dave. Not sure I’ll be doing any more Nickelback anytime soon, as I find the vocals a challenge range wise. Looking at the video I see Sophie was sorting out an itchy ear. She normally snores all the way through my practice and songs and at 13 is going a bit deaf, selectively anyway.

Was good fun to do my Seger/Metallica/Madman mash up of Turn The Page again and find some inspiring tones on the new POD Go. And this was the first success I have had with the Trio, so now looking forward to making more BTs and maybe think about using the looper for the song part.

Hey, just luved your Purp cover !! Good to see so much variety as the OMs. Keeps it interesting and the MC on his toes regards volume. :metal: :+1:

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Sounded good Toby :metal: keep exploring

1 Like

Not sure if I didn’t get on to this quickly enough. Childcare duties for the last 2 days! Although they’re shown on clearance at Argos the nearest of their stores where I can collect or order from is so far from me that by the time I factor in petrol it becomes more expensive then Amazon :face_holding_back_tears:

@Willsie01 @Richard_close2u

Not to add salt to the wound John, but got one for £12 (Argos)

Cheers Richard

3 Likes

“Not to add salt…” but you just did, Dave! :joy:

2 Likes