Open Mic 11: Recording + After-Show Chat

@TheMadman_tobyjenner “that’s ‘the Who’, from the sixties, not ‘the Hu’” :rofl: this cracked me up

Next time cover the Hu, go on.

2 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner thanks for the welcome. It cuts across my meditation time. If I don’t start my day with that, I tip over and that ain’t pretty.

You’re doing so well Toby with your music and you do a sterling job as Stage Manager :star2:

2 Likes

I get you on that one Maggie, need my daily dose of Zazen ! :person_in_lotus_position: and thank you for your kind words. One day we will have an OM that will suit our folks out “east” but we need more Aussies and Kiwis to sign up to tip the balance and our friends on the west Pacific rim.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sorry to miss yet another OM :-/

On catch-up now, great job with the MC spot @jkahn.

@Rossco01 Lovely change (for me at least) to see you playing acoustic at an OM, I think it’s the first time I’ve seen you ‘unplugged’, rock-solid as always!

@KevinKevan Great bit of Artic Monkeys, as you said, it is really fast and you did a great job of it.

@Rumil great skills, thank you for posting the song title and artist too; that was a fantastic debut, you looked very relaxed, even to the point of showing your horns part-way through!

Back for more soon!

5 Likes

@Richard_close2u I agree with the other comments, nothing wrong with your signing, let it flow! Abba was a nice surprise too, I feel there is a seam to be mined there :slight_smile:

@Malz and Lara another cracking duet, with lovely intermingling of harmonies, what else can I say?!

@Willsie01 I agree that you need your mic a bit closer to you, your guitar came through nicely though, and the melodies came through really nicely indeed.

@liaty oh, I do like a bit of Elbow! A great choice of song, it worked beautifully with your vocal, and the dynamics were just spot-on with that tone.

@adi_mrok everything that I’ve come to expect from one of your performances, rock solid strumming mixed in with some fantastic fretwork and picking. Well-pitched for your vocal range too.

Time to take the dog out, I hope to catch the rest of the OM soon!

4 Likes

Hi Paraic
Thanks for the kind words @kontenda

Great to hear from you, I hope you’re keeping well. With luck we’ll have an OM that suits your time zone again soon, hopefully allowing you to perform again.

1 Like

Thanks @iainism
ABBA indeed, a little surprise. Surprised myself with it too haha. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just realised I hadn’t commented here yet sorry! A HUGE congrats to all involved! That was my first OM as an audience member and was completely blown away by the amazing talent of all the performers and how well the event ran (massive ups to @TheMadman_tobyjenner & @adi_mrok for coordination/technical support & of course @jkahn for exceptional MC’ing!! :star_struck:) :clap: :clap: :clap:
To all the performers, I am in awe of your ability to get in front of the mic and deliver such composed, high quality performances as you did, absolutely phenomenal stuff! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thanks again to all for a brilliant show! Till next time! :guitar: :metal:

6 Likes

Thank you Iain for your kind words of encouragement.

2 Likes

Thanks Iain glad you enjoyed the show and special vibes for watching the show on YT!

2 Likes

Thank you for watching and your kind words, @iainism :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I just pretend to be relaxed. Fake it until you make it :rofl:

4 Likes

Hi everyone, everybody who performed did it very well. That the high level of the performances don’t deter anyone in earlier phases of their learning to show what they are capable of.

4 Likes

Just finished watching and it was another thoroughly enjoyable event. Well done to all the performers and to Toby, Adrian and JK for the organization and MCing

4 Likes

Just watched this tonight, and it was excellent!. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it on the 8th October as I was at a surprise 60th birthday party…mines! :laughing:
I did get a lifetime guitar for my birthday, and would love to participate in one of the Open Mike events. My guitar playing is grim, however my singing is worse! :laughing:
I do think the after show Zoom would be excellent. All the best folks :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Hi there,

How would I be able to join in the next Open Mic? Also, any hints on how to upload a song in here for the community?

thanks,

Todd

1 Like

Todd

Please have a look at the How It Works Guide everything is explained their,

Thx

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Todd, at the moment @TheMadman_tobyjenner is enrolling people for audience only for OM XII as roster is full now, have a look at the post below and let him know you would like to join :wink:

JGC Open Mic XII - Call For Interest

As for posting videos - you go to main Community page, go to Record Yourself section, then Audio Visual of You playing subsection and top right side you click New Topic button :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice one Adi!

2 Likes

@Loveofmusic
Todd, all the answers already provided. Here’s a link to the Sub-category Adrian mentioned for sharing recordings: #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing

And this is the link to where you can introduce yourself to the Community #community-hub:introduce-yourself, just a short intro with some personal background, guitar history, and goals as a member of the Community.

2 Likes

I finally managed to watch the remainder of the OM. I’m afraid that I don’t have time to give the rest of you an individual write-up though as we have our grandchildren with us for the next week!

It was all great though :smile:

1 Like