Open Mic 22 : Recording & After-Show Chat

2 of 2 posts;@TheCluelessLuthier Mark and Jen, you guys just get me smiling right from the off. Another fine performance.
@SDKissFan well played Jeff, loving the backdrop! Kudos for doing a GaGa song, well done lad!
Well done to Dan for coming in at short notice during Dale’s teccy issues. Lovely finger style which I can only aspire to, great performance.
@Jenndye429 I watched you and Dan’s first ever OM performance, you’ve both have had a helluva journey since then. Well done on getting the band together. Special mention and appreciation to Dan for the cymbal appreciation at the end of each performance.
@Charlie_James Jeezo man, despite all the tech issues that performance was so impressive. Very well done sir :+1:

This show is so inspirational, must get my name down at some point this year.
Looking forward to the next show, it’s an absolute highlight! Well done to all the folk who put this together including @TheMadman_tobyjenner @jkahn @DavidP :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

6 Likes

Hi Ian,

Thanks so much for the positive comments and words of encouragement. I look forward to participating again sometime. Cheers

1 Like

Thank you Ian! My first performance was a bit of a mess :laughing: But I’ve kept at it and I’m super proud of how far I’ve come :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words Ian. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Ian,
I’m really enjoying taking part in the open mics, so glad you liked my songs

1 Like

Thanks Jeremy, appreciate it.
I’m enjoying finding new and unusual and neglected songs to sing!
Cheers
Ruaridh

1 Like

Thanks so much for your kind words, Ian. Very much appreciated. :smiley:

Yes, I really want to give it a go again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much @MadModMcd :slight_smile:
I will also „reappear“ - and look forward to it - being in the audience for next OM

Sorry I was out on Saturday when the OM ran and it’s taken a while to listen to it all.

Part 1.

@eric impressive music room! You sounded so relaxed compared to when you first started doing these. Great song and really suited your voice. Very nice smooth fingerstyle as well.

@andyPlays Wow mutliple camera angles. Nice performance of the Tom Petty song which I didn’t know. Controlled the vocal range very well and some nice strumming and single note picking. Definitely didn’t know the second but again some nice fingerstyle.

@theoldman66 Great song and sounded great. Nicely chilled and relaxed definitely a foot tapper. Real performance. Second song a very modern one…great voice and enjoyed this one. Loved the picking.

@Eccleshall nice and upbeat song with nice arpeggiated chords (or at least I think I heard that). Enjoyed the second finger picked song as well.

@jgottwals Always love a bit of Neil Young and both sounded very good.

@Lisa_S Great first performance Lisa…always nerve wracking I know!! but I bet you got a buzz from it. Loved the Ed Sheeran song thought you’d got it spot on. Really nice original and thought the finger picking worked really well. Great tune

@mathsjunky that looked like a tricky song to play and sing but you got it spot on. Playing was really varied with a mixture of techniques and worked really well.

@Malz Steely Dan song was great. The vocal balance between you and Lara was spot on. Felt like Lara was really taking the lead this week. Loved Big Yellow Taxi too. Just great to see you both having so much fun.

@Brian What would the show be without Brian :grinning: Really built that up with the “Saddest song you’ve ever heard…go make a cup of tea” :rofl: Still a unique treat for the listener. Brian “reprogramming the next track”…skyscrapper stan…always love the chat as much as the songs. Great song though and enjoyed it.

@Richard_close2u lovely playing Richard and tone was really good.

5 Likes

Part 2
@TheCluelessLuthier Looked great guys a breath of fresh air and sunshine! New guitars too. Changes in attitude and changes in latitude great song and bounced along nicely.

@SDKissFan plenty of energy on that first one Jeff pity there were a couple of glitches. Look forward to hearing you at the next OM. Second one sounded a lot smoother.

@Charlie_James Really well put together performance. Lots of things going on but you managed to pull it off. Enjoyed reading your post on your approach and setup.

@docdanguitarman thoroughly enjoyed Heavens Gate well put together and good lyrics.

@Jenndye429 Full band performances in OM! kudos for going through the all the setup and organisation. Congrats Dyev. Numbers - hard rocking guys sounded good. Push the Button - “Dan’s” intro sounded great. Great originals and well done for getting them to together.

3 Likes

Thanks for watching and the kind words Jason, pleased you enjoyed our spot. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Jason, glad you enjoyed them, it was the first time I’ve done Willin’ in front of a real-time audience

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your kind words, Jason! Highly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it was quite nerve wrecking indeed, but also had loads of fun on the other hand. Next time it will already be a little easier, I guess. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @Rossco01 for watching and the encouraging words. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks
i felt it a little flat without enough pulse
but will continue to work on that one in time
danny

1 Like

Wow, first time that I’ve seen this feature (OM) and I watched it throughout, what a tremendous production and performances, you were all magnificent. I’ll look out for more of this and I’ll use the format as a source of much inspiration. Well done All and thanks.

8 Likes

I finally watched the whole thing and it was wonderful. I really enjoyed watching you guys playing and having fun together. Great job!

5 Likes

Thanks very much for the feedback. I think my internet was glitching that day. I always enjoy performing in front of people even if less than perfect.

Wow, what inspirational stuff. well done to all who had the bottle to take part, my proverbial hat is off!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum !!

Thanks for checking the OM out Jim, glad you enjoyed it. Why not sit in on the next one live, its a real buzz even if you are not playing. Check out the post HERE

And as a newbie, why not share your guitar journey HERE and find some like minded folks.

:sunglasses: