Open Mic 24 : Recording & After-Show Chat

Another great show folks. Thanks to both performers and audience for your support.
:sunglasses:

Zoom Chat Here

13 Likes

Thank you Toby, there were some excellent performances. :smiley:

5 Likes

Fantastic performances, I really enjoyed it! Thanks to everyone.

5 Likes

Thanks @DavidP @TheMadman_tobyjenner
David for hosting things and Toby for all the work leading up it and during the event.
Michael

7 Likes

That was a very fun and enjoyable show :star_struck:.
Thanks a lot to everybody who made it possible :hugs:.

7 Likes

Indeed it was a fun night :smiley:
A wide variety of performances, ranging from superb renditions (by the very nervous) to mediocre ones (by the happy-go-lucky ) and everything in between. Solos, duets, full band…
Most musical genres apart from rap/hiphop :laughing:
What more could you ask for?
Looking forward to the recording, as I missed a couple of performers :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you, Brian. I will wear this new nickname with pride :innocent:

3 Likes

More Yodelling, please … :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Thanks so much guys, it was a superb show all around and terrific to be back. So much variety as usual and some stunning playing.

Appreciated to you both @TheMadman_tobyjenner and @DavidP for managing the night :+1::+1::heart::guitar:

6 Likes

Well played all, as ever an eclectic mix of genre made for an an enjoyable evening.
A shout-out to Michael, @MAT1953 , on his debut. Great to hear Lindisfarne again too.

Thanks to backstage and front-of-house on the night, (@TheMadman_tobyjenner , @DavidP), for making the OM possible, and of course the audience for their encouragement and support.

Not sure if there are additional thanks due to tech-wizzes for video editing and production, but “pat on back” for this too.

5 Likes

That’ll be me and hopefully it will be uploaded later today :wave:

7 Likes

Another incredible evening of music :guitar:

DyeV was super excited to close out the show. I’ll have to go back and watch some of the performers I missed while we were warming up. As always, I walk away feeling so happy to be a part of such a diverse and talented group of performers!

Special thanks to @DavidP and @TheMadman_tobyjenner for keeping everything running smoothly and congrats to @MAT1953 for an amazing debut! :clap: :clap:

8 Likes

Thank you to everyone that performed :clap:. It was my first time watching an open mic and was really enjoyable to see a diverse selection. Having only started learning 3 weeks ago, it was inspiring to see those that had only been playing for a relatively short time and what can be achieved. Look forward to the next one :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

thanks Toby and @DavidP for all the work on and before the night.
Really appreciate having these, and a pleasure to see all of us in the same boat transmitting from our living rooms ( or similar!) from all over the globe.
Great stuff, it’s what music is all about

That was another great OM

7 Likes

@All

The OM recording has now been added to the first post.

12 Likes

Thanks, Toby :metal:

1 Like

Hi All,

Just watched through this and what an entertaining night you all had with a really nice diverse range of performances.

I know it’s been mentioned by others but massive credit to all those behind the scenes that make this happen and to those that step up to MC these nights :clap: :clap: Thank you all for doing what you do :+1:

Big congrats to everyone that performed I enjoyed watching them all. I want to make a few special mentions on this one (makes a change, I usually end up mentioning everyone ) -

Rudi - Loved the Fiddle tunes, something very different and very catchy. Followed up by a lovely meaningful song. Thanks for the song background and tuning details it was realy interesting :ok_hand: Well done mate :+1:

Michael - I haven’t heard Lindesfarne for as long as I can remember so well done on firstly bringing something different and also on your debut, really well done mate :+1:

Colin - Well done mate, that Springsteen song was a ripper, loved the version and the lyrics. Great tone congrats, and thanks for the background info :+1:

Mark - Good to see up there again :+1: and definitely never expected to hear that on an OM with a guitar and definitely not from you :rofl: :+1: I thought it was a great job, your sound was great, vocal really good and enjoyed it mate nice one :clap:

Brian - What can I say :crazy_face: Always the entertainer. Brilliant song I really like it, I enjoyed the change up that takes place within the song and really enjoyed the Violin in it :scream: I know, shoot me now :rofl: Seriously though great performance mate well done to both of you :clap:

Alexey - I don’t know what to say. next level really. The first piece was just beautiful and the second just stepped it right up to the max, that looked insanely difficult. I spotted some crazy finger stretches through your performance that just made wonder how you can get fingers into some of those positions :scream: :+1: Well done, brilliant, the tone & sound was excellent.

Well done everyone, looking forward to the next one. :+1:

7 Likes

congrats to all the participants and to all behind the scene to make it happen

I couldnt attend it but will gladly watch the video :smiley:

3 Likes

Just finished watching the recording. Thanks to @DavidP for hosting and @TheMadman_tobyjenner for doing the vast majority of what’s needed to pull these together.

Good to see old friends and new performing.

Some highlights for me…

@Notter not doing Oasis (what?!?)
@brianlarsen and his extremely atmospheric & fiddly translated swiss song
@NicoleKKB getting wasted - nothing wrong with getting wasted every now and again :wink:
@Alexeyd, a guitar virtuoso hanging out here :exploding_head:

7 Likes

Thank you :blush: