I really appreciate all the hard work everyone puts into these OM’s. I really enjoyed watching. Thank you all again, HEC
I enjoyed the show. Thank you. I wasn’t aware there were open mic events in this community. How does it work? I could try to participate in the next one.
Thanks for watching Erioni - it’s good to see you outside of the Blues Immersion area. ![]()
All the info you need … All you need to know (and more) about the JustinGuitar Community Open Mic events
Great show you all; to the performers and all those behind the scene. Well done!
Hi Craig, thanks for the feedback, nice that you recognised the Bread song played at such a fast tempo
. Cheers Eric
I love Bread
I was really happy that you played one of their songs ![]()
I thought almost everybody had forgotten them ![]()
Hi Mr. Kahn,
Your words of encouragement really mean a lot. My past failures are just a small part of the journey. According to those who watch me perform now, my sense of rhythm is the strongest thing I have to offer. My first song would have been great if I had moved the capo 1 mm to the left to get rid of the fret buzz., yet I recovered with song #2.
My friend and co-performer Ciaran has me opening up for his act on Thursdays for the past few months in Old Town San Diego, which is a touristy place I perform on stage. Once he comes back from Dublin next month I hope to be back on stage. I hope to play another open mic here again before the year is over. I really enjoyed your act as well. Take care.
Couldn’t really practice any song lately and I have to say I’m rather glad I wasn’t in this open mic - I would have dropped the level, so much I liked all your performances! ![]()
But then, maybe that level was almost too good for a guitar learning site, and it wouldn’t be the world’s end if it dropped next time when I’would possibly be around again!
But anyway, I’ll have to work hard until then! ![]()
Hi Craig - many thanks for the kind comments.
Please don’t think like this Dom - all levels are welcome, and in fact, encouraged. We don’t want the OMs to only be experienced players.
We’re all guitarists and have all been through our own learning journeys.
I agree with JK, Domi. I also think you are too hard on yourself.
Thank you Craig, I appreciate the kind words.![]()
Hi To All preformers
![]()
Due to all the changes with summer time and other time zones that I sometimes have to deal with, I was again wrong today
(Saturday), fortunately an hour early but no need to go to bed early, this resulted in a listen/look at some sound checking and I enjoyed seeing/hearing that. ![]()
And to David, @DavidP
, JK @jkahn
, Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner
and Richard @Richard_close2u
…
Great thanks for the time you invest in this again and again, I never take that for granted !!!
![]()
Dominique @dominique7 The idea is not to think in levels like that
, there is no bar and so everyone should come and play with not fear (or be described in any way that should be feel as a bar) without any restraint, shyness or fear of not being good enough ![]()
Greetings ![]()
Oh, I didn’t want to make so much noise!
I mainly wanted to say that the level was high and I loved all of the performances!
I support all your statements:
OM is for every guitar learner, no one should fear joining!
While I wasn’t entirely happy with a few of my performances (and I am aware that many are noticing their own problems more than others do) I don’t mind - I really felt that statement (either Brian or David said it once during an open mic to me) “You’re among friends” For me, it’s a step on the way to become better and I certainly don’t mean to stop harrassing you with my stuff, haha! ![]()
I already had to laugh because after I typed it I read the other comments and thought “Ooo, Dominique is already fed up with his words” ![]()
All is good of course ,but you know how sometimes everyone jumps up by a word , now you did writing this makes me laugh again ![]()
Greetings
yeah @dominique7 don’t be intimidated by what others do;
This is a safe space to build experience, to condition yourself to the physical effects of the excitement, stress or even stage fright.
You being there IS part of its success!
A mix op skills, acts, people, styles is exactly what helps us remember that this medium is here for everybody to enjoy.
Still being a bit stressed of singing and playing to a (physical) empty room still affects me more than playing on a “classic stage”. Taking that into account, I truly admire how everybody manages to get online and deliver their pieces like that. BRAVO!
Btw, thanks for the proverbial flowers guys! I rather have you guys playing than me but I folded under the tiny bit of pressure do take part after so many missed sessions ![]()
It’s been a while since I attended any open mics, and boy oh boy some of you really stepped up your game, and some real talent emerged as well from new members! What an amazing recording, I am in awe and slightly angry at myself, as I planned to attend this one live, although glad I haven’t committed as I was quite down with flu over the last few days. Well done to all performers, some real bangers were played during the night! A few callouts from me:
Black Eyed Peas got me really suprirsed in a very positive way!
Simon and Garfunkel with Alexy’s wonderful classical symphony!
Clearly nothing compares to Lieven’s such a great playstyle!
Boris and Croatian punk with a twist, wowzers!
JK, you a truly a friend for playing that song, really enjoyed your one man band approach to such a musical piece!
Well done to the rest of the performers as well, glad to see some familiar faces! I see you around folks!
You all inspired me. I’m now gonna call my version of Hideaway hybrid Hideaway because I’m hybrid picking but it’s also a mix of the original Freedie King with a bit of the Clapton Bluesbreakers and and SRV’s version
If you’re interested in Freddie King I made a playlist of my favs. It goes chronologically so you can really see his development from more swing era and instrumentals to more Stax-inspired soul and rock https://open.spotify.com/playlist/62ANHxPBXs54eMPzgX9WKW?si=_kBvPhF0SgeTTFIvOu7BXw&pi=2qg5jx7pQz2eG