Open Mic (not Livestream) 09 December 2023 : After-Show Party & Chat

Hi Phil,
I always find it very difficult to keep an eye on that chat… then I don’t know what to type afterwards…
And I didn’t have a camera on myself ??? I thought I had everything turned on here :pensive:

Amazing trick you did Phil with the camera and you deserve a little bit of punishment for the fact that we couldn’t watch at the beginning… so we’ll playing man ,I would like to see and hear that again in a while with the right camera mode… please :pray:

Greetings,

1 Like

Well done bud :+1:

2 Likes

That was an amazing event :clap: :clap: :clap:
I enjoyed the show a lot :grinning:

Congratulations to all performers and a huge thank you to everyone who had been involved :sunflower:

5 Likes

Hi Aiden
You was the surprise of the evening … or at least one of the 3 that I listened to without expectation and which really surprised me in a very positive way…amazing voice :sunglasses:

Now I`m checking out :grin:

Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

@roger_holland thanks mate! I think the camera was in “face following” mode, and it zoomed itself in on my ugly vintage mug, instead of my guitar, which I’d specially cleaned for the occasion

@Aidan5 Your nerves didn’t show at all - neither in the the playing nor the vocals. Was a totally awesome song.

3 Likes

You smashed it Aidan!

4 Likes

Great show folks despite all the lead up niggles. Great group of performers and a good band of the JGC audience regulars all present and correct. Well done peeps ! :sunglasses:

10 Likes

@twistor59 @KevinKevan

Thank you both for the kind comments, it really means a lot!

2 Likes

Thank you so much Rogier! The whole band says “thank you!” :grinning:

@Aidan5 If you were nervous it didn’t show at all. Great job! :clap: When I’m nervous I can’t play anywhere near as good as that :laughing:

@brianlarsen Loved the song and the attire! The whole crew here really enjoyed your performance

4 Likes

@Jenndye429 You guys rock!
What I love the most about these events is the variety of musical performances we get to see.
There’s a whole rock band, then some Singer/songwriter, Phil shredding an instrumental, dad and son duo…so cool!

6 Likes

Thank you Kevin! We loved your performance as well.

We are hoping to have the full band play with us going forward :grinning:

2 Likes

@KevinKevan by the way what an awesome performance! I mean, how does anyone follow that haha! You were on fire man - it was at that point I think I wrote in the comments I’m not playing anymore :rofl:

4 Likes

What a fantastic show, every performer really gave of their best. I’m still buzzing from it and I was only in the audience :joy: A big thanks from me to each and every one of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

A shoutout to @TheMadman_tobyjenner Your audio was great tonight and the vocals were some of your best :clap: :clap:

6 Likes

cheers mate! didn’t feel awesome as I was doing it :sweat_smile:
I think I kept my cool until I started to do the fast strumming, I’m curious to listen to it.
But it’s a great song and one that I hope to improve in the future

2 Likes

Thank you Jen, swapped to the Elvis mic to limit gtr bleed and went back to plan A on the axe, now both pups are working. I’ll wait for the recording but my Zoom dry run grab was not up to scratch, so glad it came across ok on the night. Big THx ! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for a great evening. I really enjoyed it. Kudos to you all!

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to watching the recording! Didn’t catch it live. Congrats to the performers.

4 Likes

What an awesome show! I’m still buzzing from it too! :smiley:
Thank you to all the performers and organisers and Justin for hosting
Loved all the performances! You guys all rock!

@Jenndye429 the Jen and Dan Band has grown! You guys were so festive! :christmas_tree: and amazing as usual :smiley:
@brianlarsen very nice suit! and loved your performance (I suspected you might be a Nick Cave fan)
@Aidan5 Great debut Aidan! You have a lovely voice and you didn’t seem nervous at all :clap:
EVERYONE did a fantastic job and loved it all. Young Zac has a mighty voice!
Thank you again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sunflower:

7 Likes

Thank you Jasmine! Glad you enjoyed it :grinning:

Since we weren’t singing a Christmas song, we decided to go for festive attire :wink: :christmas_tree:

2 Likes