Open Mic (not Livestream) 09 December 2023 : After-Show Party & Chat

Thanks from Zach!

2 Likes

Cheers for the positive shout outs- one day Iā€™ll receive praise for my fretwork. In the meantime, Iā€™m happy to join in the ā€˜entertainment ā€™:laughing:
As always, Iā€™m looking forward to enjoy the whole show without the distraction of having to perform.
Cheers again to everyone for providing such precious memories :pray:

3 Likes

Hey All!!

I had to run straight after the close of the show last night but a big thanks and well done to all the performers.

It was my first time seeing one of these OMs live and direct and it was a thoroughly entertaining evening. I have to say how much I love the great positive community vibe here! Itā€™s seems to me to be a pretty special place given all the issues normally associated on-line forum type places. We all deserve a pat on the back for keeping it a positive and uplifting place to play music!!

Thanks again to @Richard_close2u (who never seems to rest!) and, of course, to the host @JustinGuitar for EMCEEing and making it ALL possible. Looking forward to catching the next one and participating one day soon. Have a wonderful holiday season all!!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s also true for me, Jeremy. This community is a very special place. Iā€™m so happy that Iā€™ve found it and can be part of it :smiling_face:.

4 Likes

@Malz @ElleDeeGee

re: One Step Up

Lovely rendition yesterday of a fine song.

I think I first heard it on the album Love Is A Strange Hotel by Clive Gregson and Christine Collister.
Do you know that version or the album at all?

It is well worth a listen. Every song is a goodie.

1 Like

Hi Richard, thank you we are pleased you enjoyed our version.
I had not heard of Gregson & Collister prior to you message. Just listened to their version, I enjoyed it and will check out the album. Thanks for the shout out.

Well done everybody. Super performances all round, playing and vocals. Really inspiring and enjoyable evenings entertainment. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

@Jenndye429 I meant to say as well that I thought it was awesome to see your daughter and your friendā€™s daughter in the band. I hope theyā€™re permanent members!!

2 Likes

Thanks Mari! The girls had so much fun and the goal is for all of us to play going forward :grinning:

3 Likes

12 song playlist
Ta-dah.

Jackson Browne and Del Amitri, excellent so far. Thanks Richard, nice one.

Hey, guys. Is there a recording of yesterdayā€™s OM? Sorry if I have missed any posting of it. Have a good week, all.

Brucie not sure of the timescale on the release but there will be one.

:sunglasses:

That takes me back!
Great duo, Home and Away was my favourite album of theirs, and also when they were part of the Richard Thompson band - Christine and Richard singing together live was always a treat.

Thereā€™s a young lass from Hull called Katie Spencer you should check out. Proper guitarist. Two albums out, Edge of the Land is the new one. She has a very similar voice to Christine Collister and is very influenced by the music of that period and John Martin, and she was mentored by and a friend of Michael Chapman

2 Likes

Re: the recording

It will have gone to Justin (as host) ā€¦ I am following up

Canā€™t wait, didnā€™t get to see it live :roll_eyes:

Couldnā€™t make the live show, so Iā€™m looking forward to the recording.

1 Like

Also. Why does the header say 4th December (not livestream)? Have I missed that and the Christmas livestream bash on the 9th?

Gordon it should have been Livestream No 4 but due to ā€œtech issuesā€ could be streamed, hence (not Livestream) and as Zoom not Streamyard was used, it emulated a normal JGC OM. Hope that helps.
:sunglasses:

Thanks Toby all clear now. Not 4th but #4.

1 Like