Open Mic Testimonial for Richard (Close2u)

Thanks Brian. My planned song should work fine, especially considering this not-quite-hidden axiom I missed on earlier reviews of this post :smiley:

2 Likes

@Mari63

May it go well and the recovery be swift and painless … or at least suitably managed by pain-killers :wink:

Sure, Brian … to self-deprecate or not to self-deprecate, that is the question :thinking:

Good for me to go first, then allow the performances to just get better as we go, and I can sit back, relax, and not be stressed about having to follow someone :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Lol thanks David

2 Likes

@brianlarsen yes I’ve got plenty of songs I can play, so happy to cover two if required. I’m toying with acoustic for this one but we’ll see. Equally happy to sit back and relax to watch others.

1 Like

How many usually watch these OMs live?

1 Like

Trond I think we were around 35 for OM 6 if you count audience and performers, maybe a few more. Also plenty of capacity with Adi’s licence, I am sure he said up to 300 a while back !!

2 Likes

Ahh ok. Its not up in the hundreds then…

1 Like

Think of it as a small gathering of like minded friends. Friendly, supportive with zero expectations or pressure. Its about enjoying the moment and sharing some fun. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yep. Will do. That amount is not that scary :grin:

3 Likes

I have held off commenting in this topic for a long time. What prompts my entry today is that, after yet another playing hiatus, I picked my guitar up a couple of days ago with the express purpose of learning a song for this OM.

As I am here I must express my inordinate gratitude to everyone in the community for this incredible, generous and truly touching joint venture.

Richard

17 Likes

I’m glad you have picked up your guitar again and plan on gracing us all with a performance :guitar:

1 Like

Cue Cool Beans Clint !!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

There’s a first time for everything :laughing:
Seriously, good to hear you picked up your guitar again. It is the one and only common denominator that holds this motley crue together.
You still have three weeks to prepare a little something!
Looking forward to it :smiley:

3 Likes

I need it.
It is a song I have never played before.
It has eight different sections and nineteen chords in an altered tuning.
:dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Haha, and I’m sure you’re going to say: “It’s supposed to sound like that!” :rofl:

3 Likes

And lyrics ? :wink:

1 Like

Why aye man!

Plenty of lyrics.

:wink:

2 Likes

I seem to have missed all of this! Count me in, I may just say a few words, and not play anything. I vowed not to do any more of these OM as the quality went way up (as others have noted) when I stopped doing them.

EDIT: And I found myself fidgeting with trying to get the sound I wanted from Zoom and not really succeeding.

2 Likes

Clint never anything wrong with you contributions. Always up the man. Shake the clams out and get on board !
:sunglasses:

1 Like