Open Mic Testimonial for Richard (Close2u)

Whaaaaa hooooooooooooooeeeeeee :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

Youā€™re the man for the job Richard, I love the thought of all those synapses making fineworks* in that brain of yours. Now go on, git practicing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

*this is not a typo.

2 Likes

Now that rings a bell :wink: Get a sharp stick and keep prodding Mr C Maggie ! :wink:

2 Likes

@Richard_close2u

Richard, I promise not to make any ā€˜rudeā€™ remarks about self-deprecation and under-statement ā€¦ just this once :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@CT

While on the subject of self-deprecation ā€¦

Iā€™m still in the mix to set the low watermark, Clint, so would love to have you playing, acoustic or electric, instrumental or with singing that serves a song. Your quality was fine last time round, even if not the as good as home recordings.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

Sorry I havenā€™t been around much lately - combination of laziness, a bout of Covid, and some seriously messed up hearing has confined me to doing very little of late.
Rubbish news indeed for Richard - hopefully he can find swift employment somewhere more deserving.
Please PM me details of how I can send a contribution to the show Richard we care gift.
Iā€™m not one for public playing - lack the talent/confidence, and to be honest have not picked up the guitar in anger for a little while now - so Iā€™ll have to give that a swerve, but will hope to watch the event.

All the best,

Digger

1 Like

@Digger72

My question in a reply on my Layla post answered ā€¦ hope you are recovered and ready to be energised to play again and produce some originals

1 Like

While weā€™re on that subject, minus the humour, I was ready to throw out my guitar and stop playing altogether after the last OM. Iā€™m aiming to be kinder to myself this next time!!

3 Likes

Ah so I wasnā€™t the only one then !! Be cool Mari, all will be well. :wink:

2 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner my intent is to make this one the best one ever. There. I said it. And itā€™s not even a complicated song Iā€™m playing.

:smiley:

4 Likes

@Mari63

Without any humour then ā€¦ canā€™t imagine why, Mari, from where I was sitting.

Some say that ā€˜charity begins in the homeā€™; I think we could also say that ā€˜being kind, gentle, and compassionate begins with selfā€™

2 Likes

@tRONd Take a look & listen at the last Open mic thatā€™ll give you the best idea of what itā€™s like. Open Mic 006: Recording + After-Show Party & Chat - #114 by SandyMusic

1 Like

I have seen it allready @Rossco01 :grin: looked like a lot of fun. So i have signed up for the next :flushed:

3 Likes

Probably meant Jason if replying to @Rossco01ā€™s reply with link to the last OMā€™s recording :grin:

1 Like

Yes indeed :grin:

3 Likes

Brian, I will make a contribution, will send a PM. Been in the redundancy situation myself a few years ago, although at least I got a few weeks notice. I will not play, maybe the audience, will let you know nearer the time.

2 Likes

My schedule is still hazy for that day :confused:

Though, If it turns out i CAN, I WOULD be on the artist lineup for this one.
Is there a way for the awesome Organising Unit Of Awesomeness to arrange some kind of back-up slot for me?

And of course I will contribute some ā‚¬ā€™s for a spot ^^ (even if I donā€™t make it of course :p)

2 Likes

Haha, you caught me doing admin, just having messaged Stefan asking him to play.

You bring your guitar- weā€™ll provide the slot :smiley:
The response & fundraising has surpassed what I had expected and indeed hoped for.
In fact I just emailed a group of the old ā€˜usual suspectsā€™ asking them if itā€™s ok to put their names on the supporters list just for solidarityā€™s sake.
I thought of including you and Justin, but thought the better of it, as you all know each other so well anyway.
If you insist, you have my email for PayPal, but itā€™s really not necessary
Cheers and hope to see you on the night if it works out
Brian

1 Like

Haha, when you think youā€™ve just responded to a pm and realise itā€™s public :relaxed:
Good job I didnā€™t say anything controversial/outrageous :laughing:

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I edited the first post again with a tentative list of performers.
Please check and let me know of any errors/changes of plans etc.

I nearly went with this as a poster background, before remembering many of you are quite upbeat people :wink:

7 Likes

Hi Brian, I see @sairfingers has become airfingers after all that fooling around he has been doing lately with Layla.

4 Likes