Open Mic Testimonial for Richard (Close2u)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: that picture was awsome!!!

2 Likes

@Socio, you need to know who’s able to take a slagging :wink:

@tRONd I did actually use that image for a concert I organised raising funds for a mental health charity in Uganda :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hahahaha🤣 great! Love it🙌🏻

1 Like

That’s me bottom left. I think I can still remember Good King Wenceslas after 50+ years learnt by slide position. Publish and be damned.

Oohh goosebumps :wink:

3 Likes

RE: Times and time zones.

Parts of the world (US / Canada etc.) have already put clocks forward one hour.
I know the UK follows suit on 27th March when it will be UTC +1 in the UK.

I am unsure of other places but believe some will spring forward too.

1 Like

Sounds like more Green Room shenanigans like October them :rofl:

1 Like

Same applys for Norway and Scandinavia. From 27 march its UTC + 2

1 Like

Hi Brian,

Minor typo on the poster for Greyal vs @grayal

Thanks!

1 Like

I cannot believe I fell into that elephant trap :roll_eyes:
Most of the performers are UK based so we’re working on 7pm (19.00) UK time (BST, Richard’s tea time). I’ve amended the poster.
If you’re confused, watch this

1 Like

Life was so much simpler when we ruled the waves Brian. World time was British time!

2 Likes

Sorry for not being able to participate. The chosen day is my anniversary with my girlfriend and probably I won’t be at home. But I’ll se the recording later :slight_smile:

Hope you all have a good time, specially @Richard_close2u :grimacing:

2 Likes

Here we go again, doing the clock moving dance.

And leave it to the UK-based to change the accepted protocol ie publish the start time as UTC, making it simple (as simple as it can be) for others to just add or subtract based on their local time expressed as UTC plus or minus, no knowledge of local clock-moving required by non-locals

So to make sure I understand and show up on time, not an hour late. This event will now start at 18h00 UTC?

1 Like

Haha, indeed. My recollection is that the only people who ever had a problem with figuring out the time were the UK-based ones. We’re going for the low-hanging fruit :rofl:
I’ll contact the handful of non-UK based performers after the clocks go forward as a reminder.

2 Likes

Don’t you just DST !!

OK this may help. Times are adjusted automatically by Timeanddate.com so these will be accurate and as David said this reflects an 1800 UTC start time which is 1900 UK.
I have just selected major cities based on previous experience of OM attendees.

Hope this helps - anyone one not sure drop me a PM

:sunglasses:

Los Angeles, CA, USA*
PDT (UTC -7)
Sat, 2 Apr 2022
11:00

Seattle, WA, USA*
PDT (UTC -7)
Sat, 2 Apr 2022

Vancouver, Canada*
PDT (UTC -7)
Sat, 2 Apr 2022
New York, NY, USA*
EDT (UTC -4)
Sat, 2 Apr 2022
14:00

Toronto, Canada*
EDT (UTC -4)
Sat, 2 Apr 2022
14:00
London, United Kingdom*BST (UTC +1)
Sat, 2 Apr 2022
19:00
Johannesburg, South AfricaSAST (UTC +2)
Sat, 2 Apr 2022
20:00
Paris, France*CEST (UTC +2)
Sat, 2 Apr 2022
Copenhagen, Denmark*
CEST (UTC +2)
Sat, 2 Apr 2022

Perth, Australia
AWST (UTC +8)
Sun, 3 Apr 2022
02:00
Tokyo, Japan
JST (UTC +9)
Sun, 3 Apr 2022
03:00
Sydney, Australia
AEST (UTC +10)
Sun, 3 Apr 2022
04:00

There is a limit on the number of cities that can be added but these should allow you to adjust to more local time zones, esp USA & Canada.

PS if it all goes to plan UK peeps will be in the Green Room around 1600 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

And I think this was kind of in your youth, right? … the good old days :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Don’t encourage the Scot, Rogier.
He’s just trying to provoke the Paddy before our rugby team ‘whup their butts’ in Dublin on St. Patrick’s Day :rofl: :ireland: :shamrock:

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy:
Thanks for the warning…
Love you Gordon :relaxed:

2 Likes

World time ? That being a sun dial ? Handy for the UK naturally. :rofl:

3 Likes

3 Likes

My money’s on France to beat England and win the Grand Slam. It’s 12 years since Scotland beat Ireland in Dublin and on that occasion France beat England to win the Slam. So when we whip Ireland at the weekend history will repeat itself!
Allez les Blues. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇫🇷

3 Likes