Original - Solitary Days

I can totally relate to that. In the end it’s a blessing, rather than a problem. If I could compose when I wrote my poems, it would for sure be different than doing it today. Still I have long way to go, before I can compose like you so brilliantly do if ever, but how I think today will differ from the day, I finally will be able to compose something that can go along the poems. - Thnx a lot for your writings, lyrics, composing, singing, encouragement and sharing it. - Encourage me so much to keep going. I am so forever grateful for this. Cheers :pray: :heart: :pray:

1 Like

Keep going. I heard it (composing) compared to running a dirty tap. Yes. When you turn it on initially the flow is poor with brown water and doesn’t taste too good but keep it following. It will all become clear, crisp and cool and taste good to you anyway.

1 Like

Very nice. I loved both the guitar part and your singing. I wish I had your compositional skills.

1 Like

Mate, this is beautiful. So good I had to listen to it three times in a row and will be listening some more. The lows we experience through life only go to make highs much sweeter, hope all is well :v:

1 Like

This is awesome, Dom. So much great music comes from a place of pain.

Feel kind of sheepish for offering you advice in your No Surprises video. You obviously don’t need it.

1 Like

It’s in there. Trust your ear and your heart. The words will come

Don’t be sheepish at all. I’ve found nothing but love and support in this community.

2 Likes

Amen brother. The black dog nips the back of my heels when he wants to hear new stuff. I’ve a lot to be thankful for.

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap:
That was superb, Dom, wonderful playing and loved the feel of the vocal.

If I had been mixing/producing I’d have lifted the vocal and harmonica (not hearing it, which could be my headphones) up in the mix. Maybe you have some influences that you use as a reference when producing the final mix? If not it is a pro tip to mix and check against a reference track (some song that has the same kind of vibe). As I listen I am thinking about greats like Young, Dylan, Springsteen (specifically Nebraska), all masters of acoustic plus harmonica.

Glad I’ve come back to the Sub-category and enjoyed what I missed when you first posted.

Bravo

1 Like

Brilliant feedback. I’ll keep that in mind in future David

1 Like