Original Song "Raise Our Glasses To The Ghost"

Something I wrote and recorded over the weekend.

Pretty basic stuff but was toying with playing a riff in the middle of strumming while singing which has eluded me up to this point.

I suppose the lesson I’ve learnt is keep going until muscle memory kicks in

Sorry in advance to your ears. A homage to the glory days of youth when we were innocent and free.

11 Likes

That was great Dom. Loved the lyrics. For those 5 minutes I was back in the CBS in Enniscorthy , which was not always a good thing :joy:.

2 Likes

Maybe that’s why the summers always seemed brighter Eddie :wink:

1 Like

I was just thinking about you today, Dom! (All will become clear :wink:)
What a fab song.
‘Just like Eddie’, I too was whisked back to my Wexford summer holidays, where the ‘grass was greener’ (even if full of thorns :laughing:)
Loved the added sound fx.
More please :sunglasses:

1 Like

Excellent Dom. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Dom,
Special mood ,nice played :sunglasses: :clap: and good atmosphere, that (geroezemoes(NL) no idea how to say in English) … the talking / playing in the background makes it very cozie :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

All has become clearer Brian. Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Very kind Roger. The children at play in the background helped set the scene for me

This is wonderful Dom. Even more impressive that you wrote and put that together in a couple of days. :clap:

1 Like

That was a lovely song Dom. Really well played and sung.
I too raise my glass to the ghost of youth! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you Clueless. Appreciated

Thank you Sair. Forever young

1 Like

I loved the song. Thanks for sharing. I am still trying to write a song-someday. Celebrate your success here. It seems we could all relate to the message of the song.

Jeff

1 Like

Thanks Jeff. Keep going

Hey Dom got here straight from Brian’s latest AVOYP and I’m glad I did. That was superb really simple and great! Out of curiosity how did you record it and what is the sound in the background, screaming kids? Is it added on or you recorded somewhere out in the wild? All the best

that was a really great listen, lots going on even with the simplicity.

1 Like

That was terrific Dom! The background noise worked really well with it.

1 Like

Thanks Adi.

The recipe was…

Recorded on a cheap set of headphones from a service station.
Produced on Bandlab Android app with separate tracks for guitar, harmonica and percussion.
The free sound effects from pixabay laid down as another track afterwards.

2 Likes

Wow that sounded really good bearing in mind what kit you used, even more impressed now!

1 Like

That was a great original song Dom. I too loved the added sound effects, they really helped to increase that nostalgic feel to the song.

Ahhh, to be young again.

1 Like