Out of contact and no guitar!

Hi all.
I’m currently on a ship sailing from Rosslaire in Southern Ireland to Bilbao in northern Spain. We are travelling with our caravan and will drive from Spain ‘round the corner’ into France. We are heading for St Jean de Luz south of Biarritz.
Hopeless wifi connection on ship and I suspect the same will be true on the campsite.

Please excuse lack of comment on AVoYP etc for the next 3 weeks!

3 Likes

Ouch, feel for you Gordon but hope you have an amazing holiday!!
Sure you’ll find someone with a guitar on site, ask for a wee go :wink:

1 Like

Maybe the madman can jump on his bike and meet you at the corner of France with a guitar :thinking: Failing that there’s always some music theory :wink: Take care and enjoy you’re holiday mate. You may come across some campfire singsong sessions.

and there I was just thinking the other day that your next cycle of AVoYPs was due any moment.

1 Like

Sound like a fun trip Gordon. I can see a new guitar I mean souvenir making it home with you :wink:

2 Likes

Enjoy the trip Gordon. Rosslare in Co. Wexford is not far from where I grew up. I had 3 weeks this summer away from the guitar when traveling and you do miss it but the break also gives you a new found enthusiasm for when you return.

2 Likes

Hi Gordon,
I wish you a great holiday…have fun, :sunglasses: even if it’s without your favorite toy,…
Greetings,…

1 Like

Enjoy the travels, another forum member in a caravan!!! Cool.

1 Like

Sounds like adventurous expedition; bon voyage and be safe!

1 Like

Have a wonderful trip Gordon. Have fun crossing the Bay of Biscay, always a bit choppy !
I assume you’ll be driving down the cost road to cross the border, San Sebastian maybe worth a quick stop. Shame you are heading east, other wise I’d recommend a visit to Potes in the Picos De Europa in Cantabria.

BTW Keep your tank filled. There has been strike action stopping fuel getting out of the depots for a couple of weeks, so a there has been a few garages going short.

:sunglasses:

@Socio James man I wish as I have have only had 2 days out on the bike this year due to one thing or another !! :cry: :angry: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Well I need to post something in AVOYP then in order to take you over in Users rank :rofl: joking aside all the best on your trip Gordon sounds like a blast although take good rest while heading back home as it’s going to be heck of a drive!

1 Like

Have a great holiday Gordon, don’t drink too much. :smiley:

I too need to post something in the AVOYP section, just because I haven’t done it for ages.

1 Like

Travel safely Gordon, have fun, and return refreshed to the Community.

No space in the caravan for your guitar, or did the missus explicitly forbid it and declare the it to be a guitar-free vacation :laughing: ?

2 Likes

Hi Guys. I’ve got some 4G access on my phone contract roaming bundle so not totally isolated here.
Thanks for the holiday wishes. I’ll maybe need to type up posts in notes and then cut and paste them otherwise I’m using up my minutes whilst I type stuff!

@TheMadman_tobyjenner thanks for the heads up re fuel shortages in France. No problem here at the moment but went to hyper market and filled up just in case. Intend using public transport and cycling.

Fun in the sun!

7 Likes

Shorts at this time of year?!?!?! Are you a postie? :smiley: Enjoy.

2 Likes

I’m surprised he’s still got his top on, it must be less than 10 degrees over there.

3 Likes

Toasty ! Enjoy. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Gordon

Re fuel - up here you are limited to 20L but the supermarkets all seem to have a constant supply. It’s about 3 in 10 outlets affected in Occitanie. If things look to be deteriorating I’ll let you know. Its all ramping up as Toussaints (All Saints/Halloween) is a big holiday period and businesses are losing bookings as folk are worried about travelling ! Some unhappy :rabbit:

Hey but with no fuel, it could stop you going home ! That would be a shame wouldn’t it. :wink:

I thought I could see the Spanish hills in those pictures but it turn out to be a pair of knees !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Looking Gooood,… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Nijkerk 16c :cold_face:
Greetings,…

1 Like

Have fun Gordon!

1 Like