Out of contact and no guitar!

Haha, not on your nelly folks. Iā€™m not touching this click-bait :rofl:
Isa good boy :innocent: learning a new song, as Iā€™m sā€™posed to.

Happy hols Gordon!

4 Likes

You do remember Nelly packed her trunk and said goodbye to the circus :circus_tent: :wink: so if youā€™re not gonna take the bait then might as well hitch a ride with Nelly

3 Likes

Sounds to me like you need a Uke :wink:

1 Like

Hi Guys
Well, our 3 week holiday in France has turned into a 4 week holiday! Due to storms in the Bay of Biscay our ferry from Bilbao in Spain to Ireland was cancelled and has been put back 2 days. The knock on effect has been our ferry from Ireland to Scotland has had to be changed and due lack of availability we are now running almost a week late. Fortunately the weather is sunny, the wine is good and the credit card is still working!

I do however have an awful 3G internet connection so havenā€™t been able to listen to any AVoYPs whilst here so lots to catch up on when I get home. :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh dear what a nightmare. Another week on the continent with sun, wine, cheese how will you bare it. Bet you canā€™t wait to get back home :rofl:

3 Likes

Funny thing Toby. The labels on the wine bottles here say can be kept for 3/4/5 years.
I find they canā€™t be kept for 3/4/5 days! :smiley:

I suspect like the bottles you will have to be laid down :wine_glass:

1 Like

An after thought, I cracked open a bottle of 2010 St Emilion a couple of weeks back and it was nectar :smile:

2 Likes

Ever since the clocks went back itā€™s really dark here in the evening. Weā€™re finding that anything after 1930 is delicious.

1 Like

His guitars will be missing him. Bet you wished he had got that travelling guitar he was enquiring about on the forum to help busk for more vintage wine money.

2 Likes

No need for vintage wine over here but nice when you can get it. A walk to my ā€œcellarā€ in the garage is a tiresome journey. I do have some nice old bottles gathering dust. But Iā€™ll settle for a litre of Bordeaux in a plastic bottle and a screw top for couple euros. The French have a saying similar to Mr Sandercoe. If it tastes good it is good.

And if it comes in a box all the better

Cheap as chips ! Off to SuperU in the morning :sunglasses:

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :joy:

After a few glasses Iā€™m sure it will taste good. Itā€™s a pity the same canā€™t be applied to my singing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well, the trip is almost over! Currently sitting in Larne in Northern Ireland waiting on the ferry for the 2 hour sail over to Scotland. Itā€™s a chilly 8 degC.

The sea voyage from Spain to Southern Ireland was pretty rough to say the least. 2 nights and a day where it was impossible to walk anywhere on the ship without holding onto a grab rail! Lying on your bed in the cabin with your eyes shut was the only answer. :nauseated_face: As for eatingā€¦ā€¦.:face_vomiting:. If we make this crossing again weā€™ll do it in the summer when the sea is calmer but of course then itā€™s more expensive and busier.

Anyway, itā€™s been a terrific holiday overall with a minimum amount of driving due to the long sea crossing.

I can see Iā€™ve got a lot of Community content to catch up on when Iā€™m home. Fingertips still look calloused so hopefully no pain when I pick up the guitar. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Gordon,ā€¦
Good to hear that it all went well :sunglasses: ā€¦ except for this last bumpy sail then, but thatā€™s so nice later for the story :grimacing: :grin:, ā€¦ good luck with catching up, I donā€™t think you will be able to do that anymoreā€¦ ā€¦Justin has said in his newsletter that he wants to see more avoyp, :man_facepalming:ā€¦busy busy busy :sweat_smile:
Greetings,ā€¦

1 Like

Holidays are always fun but itā€™s also good to get home. Better start your practice session with the Gibson, the Martin could be a little tough on those vacation fingers.

1 Like

Good to see you almost back Gordon. We did Santander Plymouth a few years back July time and it was still :face_vomiting:

There is a seat in the audience for OM XII if you want one (19th if you fancy a break !). :studio_microphone:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Good to see youā€™re back to Sunny Scotland. Have your guitars forgiven you yet for abandoning them or are they still out of tune with you?

Haha yes. Funnily enough they were both playable in tune even after all this time. Itā€™s me thatā€™s out of tune. Iā€™ll need to set myself a ā€˜get back into the way of itā€™ routine. :grinning:

2 Likes