Parisienne Walkways #2 (A work in progress)

Hi @Mari63, This is great progress.

I learned this song a few years ago and a lot of it is about getting the right feeling, and you are definitely on the right track. Although he tended to be a lot more aggressive in his playing in the live versions.

Apparently the way he used to do that was using amp feedback. At rehearsal he would find the spot on the stage where his amp started to feedback and mark it with tape. Then, when he played that note, he would make sure he was on that spot to get the feedback extending the note indefinitely.

If you are breaking out Boss Tone Studio on your Katana, you might want to consider, along with the compressor, sticking a nice fat GUV DS as the boost option. this models a Marshall GUV’NOR which should get you closer to the Marshall sound.

If you are using a single-coil guitar you may also want to try the GUITAR SIM in either the MOD or FX slots set to “S → H” to fatten up that tone. You can put a compressor in the other MOD or FX slot. You should experiment with this to see which way around sounds best.

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

@Majik thank you Keith. I have an HSS Strat so will be using the humbucker pup. I’m still learning about the Tone Studio so much of what you said doesn’t make sense, but I will definitely check it out when I’m figuring out Tone Studio.

Hi, maybe this won’t help, but for the doubters…I have a Fender compugilist…and fender itself does the compressor first then the gain…and Justin has a lesson where he says the compressor first then the distortion…
And how are you doing Mari?
Greetings,

1 Like