Paul Westerberg- Love untold

Hi All,
It’s been a long time since I posted anything and haven’t really had the time to play much these past 6 months or so. I heard this song on the radio a few days ago and it inspired me to play some more. It’s from American singer songwriter Paul Westerberg ( from the band the replacements) . Anyway it’s a bit raw and is my interpretation of the song captured on my iPad in a one take, sitting on the porch in the sun…

Thanks for listening

14 Likes

Hey Eddie! Nice to see you strumming and singing on these pages once again. Great acoustic adaptation of this song!!

It’s always fun to hear something, work it out and be able to play it within a relatively short time. . .gives one some inspiration to keep studying the “harder” stuff. . . enjoyed that very much!

Hope Chicago is treating you well. I was in several US cities this summer and was pretty surprised at how “rough” some of them had become. . course I hadn’t been to many of them since the 90s . . . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: . . …anyway, keep on strumming!!

J

2 Likes

Nicely done Eddie!

I enjoyed the laid-back vibe & :eagle:“peaceful, easy feeling” :eagle: :grin: that came over me while listening… beautiful lyrics in that song also… thanks for sharing!!!

Tod

1 Like

Good stuff Eddie. Great to see/hear someone else doing a one take!:smiley: I don’t know the artist or song but I enjoyed your version. Well done.

1 Like

Eddie, a really nice organic performance, just sitting on the porch in the sun, strumming and singing. Not familiar with the song, but liked the lyrics and liked your take on it. Well done.

1 Like

That’s a good performance in my book after hearing the song a few days ago. Nice.

1 Like

Eddie

Lovely interpretation of an enchanting song: your strumming was consistent with small variations to the dynamic that suited the piece. Very enjoyable.

Brian

1 Like

Thanks Jeremy and glad you enjoyed the song. I tend to avoid the harder stuff unless its something I really want to learn :joy:. I actually don’t really pay much attention to strumming pattens and how the song was played originally and just try and get in the groove of the song and how it feels to me.
Yea I hear what you are saying on the US, we are in a pretty nice part of Chicago but it definitely has its crime and it’s not uncommon to hear gunshots from time to time. At least my video was only interrupted by airplanes flying into O’Hare :joy:.

Thank you Todd and I am glad you enjoyed it. Don’t mention that “peaceful easy feeling “ or you will have Don Henley hitting me with copyright :joy:.

1 Like

Thanks Gordon! You are the King of the one take and honestly I think it’s from you that I got the idea. I actually love the idea because it’s raw and comes with imperfections and emotions which is what music should be about!

1 Like

Thanks Dave, it’s one of my favorite things to do , just sit on the porch and play guitar and strum away. I am not sure my neighbors would agree though :joy:

Thanks John. I actually didn’t put much thought into it. Once I learned the lyrics (after about 5 listens ) then I just put a strumming pattern that felt ok to a very easy chord progression and that was it . I appreciate you checking it out!

Thank you so much Brian for your kind feedback. I am glad you enjoyed my version of the song. :sunglasses:

Hi Eddie,
This paired wonderfully with my morning tea :smiley:
:clap: :sunglasses: :clap:

Greetings

1 Like

White Tee with an ol’ acoustic on the porch, singin’ bout young love…
Ye’r bossin’ it! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That was a lovely, laid back performance, Eddie! :smiley:

Sometimes it’s the simplicity - just you and your guitar - that’s making up for a very enjoyable listen. Also, it’s nice to read you got that done in a quite short amount of time. Very well done - thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Need to check out the original and the artist, never heard both before, but you defintely sparked some interest with you rendition.

1 Like

That was great Eddie. I think I have heard the song before, but not really familiar. Good vibe! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I think @oldhead49 used the right word to describe your performance - organic. Just a guy and his guitar, nothing fancy, just pleasing music. Thanks for the listen Eddie.

1 Like

Glad that I could sweeten your morning tea Rogier :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ah young love :joy:, being 16 and your girlfriend breaking up with you, staying in your room listening to music and thinking the world had ended :joy:. I wonder how many songs were inspired by such an experience?