Phone Alert Issues

So I had an initial problem with phone alerts that I fixed myself.

If I get an alert from the app on my phone and just click on it, it opens the app and only takes me to the home screen. Nothing to do with the alert shows up, and as I often can’t read the full text of the alert, it’s basically lost.

So this time, I saw the alert for new songs (the best kind), so I tried something different, I opened the app first, and then clicked on the alert. So yeah, that took me to the new songs list.

But…

It was still pointless.

As far as I am concerned, there are no new songs added.
I looked at the list and the top shows the same songs that have been there for months. So either no new songs were added or they have been added completely randomly on the list. For me that’s practically the same thing. I’ve already spent hours wading through the song lists trying to save the ones I like, I don’t want to have to spend hours doing that again every time new songs are added.

If all the songs were full singer and band supported, it wouldn’t be that big of a deal as the new songs would likely jump out at me, but as I have zero interest in the songs that don’t have this, there are a lot of songs that would jump out at me as new, but then I would click them and realize they aren’t new, I just think they are because I really like that track, but it’s the midi version, so it’s still not on my radar…

Thanks for reporting the issue Joshua. I have alerted the team.

1 Like

alerts? :thinking: I’ve never gotten an app alert. but i did go to the songs section and found 9 new songs clearly marked as new.

I got one today and was able to find the 9 songs that were added listed at the top in the songs section.

@Stormlord @LesPaulMoreRay @LunaRocket

Thanks for getting in touch and for your feedback on this!

The new songs are shown in the new songs section in the app and they include vocal tracks.

The new tracks added are below and we hope you enjoy them! :slight_smile:

Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill
Alabama - Song of the South and Mountain Music
Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
George Ezra - Gold Rush Kid
Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
REO Speedwagon - Keep on Loving You
Soda Stereo - Persiana Americana

1 Like

@MusopiaApps, I see the new songs, but I never got an alert on my iPad.

@MusopiaApps
Yeah, those songs definitely weren’t showing up for me.
I didn’t have a chance to check yesterday, but I just checked in now and they are there.
So don’t know if you changed anything or there is just lag in the system (I’m in AUS if that helps).

I thought ‘REO Speedwagon - Keep on Loving You’ was already on here, but maybe it was the midi version and it’s been upgraded to full band/vocal?

That, or it was a different REO song that isn’t there now. There are currently three songs listed, all with full band/vocal, and I definitely remember there being another REO song that I wanted to play, but only in midi format (which I just can’t).

@LunaRocket
Interesting. I think that is further evidence that something is glitchy with the system…
@MusopiaApps only reported 8 new songs, not 9, and I actually have 10 songs listed on mine now, but I know at least one of them is an old song as it already has a marked heart.

The ten listed on mine is the follow in order from left to right (on the main songs tabs):
Soda Stereo - Persiana Americana
George Ezra - Gold Rush Kid
Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
Alabama - Mountain Music
Alabama - Song of the South
Kuana Torres Kahele - Lava
Soul Asylum - Misery

So if you take out the last two songs, it’s exactly the same as the 8 new songs listed, but in reverse order.

The Soul Asylum one is the one that I already had on my favorites list.

@LunaRocket was your extra song one of those two?

On a personal note, the new songs that I am into myself are:

And to a lesser degree:
Alabama - Mountain Music
Alabama - Song of the South

I’ll still check the other ones out though, as I sometimes find that I actually like to play songs on the guitar that I wouldn’t otherwise care to listen to :smile:

I think it was Lava

BTW, there are NO REO Speedwagon songs on my app.

@LunaRocket Not even the new one?

nope, nothing unless something changed today.

Hmmm…

I wonder if the songs are region specific… Are you in the US?

Additionally, if you had 9 new songs on your playlist, and REO is one of the 8 they listed, what was the additional song you had that wasn’t on their list?

I’ve got the other 9, just not the REO which would make 10. Yes, I am in the US.

Ok, I’m missing something then.
They only listed 8 new songs, I had an extra two, making ten. You said you only have one of the extra two (Lava) and 7 of the the 8, which would give you 8 in total.

I’ve got you as having:

01 Soda Stereo - Persiana Americana
02 Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
03 George Ezra - Gold Rush Kid
04 Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
05 Alabama - Mountain Music
06 Alabama - Song of the South
07 Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill
08 Kuana Torres Kahele - Lava**

Did you also have the Soul Asylum one on your list?

That’s the one. Sorry if it was confusing, but I couldn’t see anything different in your previous lists. My mom used to say I couldn’t see my nose on the front of my face though. :laughing:

1 Like

REO Speedwagon’s Time for me to Fly suddenly showed up on my App! I’ve added it to my favorites list.

The whole look of the App changed, too.

1 Like

I’m in Canada, and got a bunch of new songs a couple days ago…maybe 20 in all? No notification from the app…I only noticed because I did an update.

Two that I was most familiar with…Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Walking On Sunshine.

1 Like

Was this resolved?
I have Kate Bush, but no new Reo Speedwagon? I did get a new version of Soul Asylum Misery for one day, but now it’s the old midi version again.

1 Like

Nope.

I’ve spent about four solid days making a spread sheet with all of my favorites on it so I can start tracking them better.

The latest release of ‘new songs’ seem to be traditional Christmas songs.
The funny thing is 3/4s of them already have a heart tag for being on my favorites list. I noticed that instead of having ‘traditional’ as the artist, it’s now listed as Musopians, I’m guessing it’s like the equivalent of their house band?

When I try to list all songs by release order (newest at the top) I’ll usually have the brand new ones at the top of the list, but the rest of the list is definitely not showing in the proper order, as Sing is almost always the next one and the rest seems to be totally random, but with a lot of songs that have been on the app, with vocals, for ages, at the top of the list.

So definitely still broke.

I might start posting here when new ones are released, so everyone can see them and start comparing what they’ve got.

1 Like

I’ve made a thread to track this here: