Pics from where you live

Dang, we don’t have a tongue in cheek emoji. Trying these:
:tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Early morning Maple Durham Lock last week around 5am

R

16 Likes

Rachel :flushed:
Pics of times when you should be sleeping is another thread. :laughing:… Beautiful :sunglasses:

and everything above too, if I understand correctly, those photos of the northern lights were taken with a long shutter speed?.. There was nothing to see here in my hometown and yet some have recorded this for the first time in history, although you can also see the starry sky passing by very very fast :roll_eyes:, and of course there are many towards the polar circles (and this weekend more places than a long long time) who can see this beautiful spectacle very well with the naked eye, that is still a dream of mine to experience, so I look at some of you with envy…

Greetings

1 Like

I had a nice time playing guitar outside yesterday, my guitar was playing outside this weekend

And because the garden is currently between spring and summer flowers, a photo with some more colors (bad phone and terrible colors … the Sundaville when he went to play with the cat, I didn’t do anything this weekend with music :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Actually I’m usually up around 1:30ish to 3:30ish am lol, but, I think i’m may be able to shift that now to 5 :slight_smile:

Yes, the Norhtern Light images are fantastic, I’ve never seen them and probably wont due to light polution . Thanks to everyone who shared those for us that cannot get to see them :frowning: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the moggy, Guitar is nice too :slight_smile:

R

1 Like

I took mine using the night-mode setting on my camera. It’s a longer exposure for sure, but no more than about a second, and there’s some clever tricks going on to accentuate low-light conditions.

The lights were visible in the sky, albeit not strongly and it would have been easy to confuse them with light pollution at first glance (except in my case, they were in the wrong direction for the local town or M4 motorway). Occasionally a small band of light appeared and was more obvious.

It was easiest to see viewing it through the screen of the phone with the phone in night mode, but obviously the image quality was a bit grainy and the view was limited.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

@roger_holland I had my phone set to auto setting so would have adjusted to dark setting but nothing special. The colors are brighter in the photos than where with the naked eye but we could still see the color.

2 Likes

Cool and clearly nice :sunglasses:, I looked it up here just before (May 10) and there were people who in this exceptional situation for us already had nice pictures with 15 seconds and quite beautiful ones with 30 seconds …But on the 6 or 8 o’clock news the next day they showed a summary of the entire period with a shutter speed of ??? many hours …that feels like cheating :smile:
Greetings

And Rick ,I will start reading about that and hopefully my phone can do more with photos than I can get out of it so far ( , although I heard a long time ago that taking photos is not a good quality of this model… a point of attention in case this one accidentally attacks the wall :roll_eyes:,

It has ensured that I have regained my interest in taking photos :sunglasses:

Edit :

That was easy to find … Now waiting for the sun … explosion

Auto is usually pants for aurora and landscape unless the camera is very smart.

Usually the white balance murders the nice colours

Huh? Pants?

pants = bad

Auto WB usually does its best to turn whites white, which isnt the thing you want with aurora etc

I live in MIchigan, we had either clouds, rain or heavy fog. More than 20 years I’ve lived up here and I’ve barely seen anything. It’s a great place for star gazing though. I did take this photo today while walking the dogs, our southwest field, with a pile driver or something out there drilling pilot holes to test soil consistency.

9 Likes

I’m originally from the UK (Reading Berkshire) but am lucky enough to have retired to southern France, near the town of Cahors in the Lot department. We are very rural here and the landscape is amazing, the first shot is a view from my garden, the second is the vineyard at the nearest village just a couple of km from my home.

18 Likes

:flushed: This dutch man is seeing a little green … wow amazing etc etc etc :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Greetings Rogier

2 Likes

Wow, first, great photos! Secondly, is that Mapledurham lock in the UK, Thames near Reading?

2 Likes

Yes it is , My partner is a relief lock and weir keeper. So were often out early morning on the river.

R

That is so weird, a good example of small world syndrome! I used to live in River Gardens, Purley-on-Thames, the private road just down river from Mapledurham lock, as there are no other houses between the two you would have been my next-door neighbour!

Ah, not quite, theres a resident lock keeper and reliefs. My otherhalf works a few locks being a relief and so moves around. Still, small world indeed though :slight_smile:
Fantastic job too.

Lovely area to live I must admit

Rachel

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a lovely area. I used to visit around there a long time ago as my boss used to live near there.

On the other side of Reading near us, we’ve walked the riverbank from Sonning Lock to Henley in the past, which is also pretty nice.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like