Platform tutorial (with bot)

If you are wondering about that, it is run by messaging the discobot. The image below was the response to sending a message with “@discobot display help” in the body.

I did the basic tutorial, not yet the advanced tutorial.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Dumb question but can that only be done from within a topic once its been opened ? I just tried entering that into the search and all I got was David’s post. So a bit of a spin loop,

Send a Message to Discobot with “start tutorial” in the message body

1 Like

That makes sense now David. Thanks

1 Like

My LT doesn’t have a mic so I tried typing the command.

I also tried start tutorial but not in bold, with no @discobot in front. Same response.

1 Like

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

Maggie

I did the same as you and assumed that was actually the tutorial, so just went off and read the info linked to the highlights. Maybe I was wrong. I saw there is also Advanced Tutorial but not tried that yet but DP has I think.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

@DavidP

I can get to the message you posted but when I type in advanced tutorial
a pop up says I don’t have enough characters

I know David advised me to send the request via a PM so I just tried and got this.
Call me old fashioned but wouldn’t plain old HELP at the top of the screen be better, I am too old for this nonsense.

tobyjenner

1m

@discobot advanced tutorial

discobot

1m

Uh oh, I don’t see any bookmarks in this topic. Did you find the bookmark under each post? Use the show more to reveal additional actions if needed.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Didn’t see that last bit

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. — Ralph Waldo Emerson

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Jeepers, pot noodle time !! This is doing my head in. :face_with_head_bandage:

With David’s help I got the first part of the tutorial finished but when I try the
advance tutorial I get nowhere :roll_eyes:

Whoa, what universe am I in :alien: :space_invader: :robot:

You are ok Maggie, the aliens are only talking to David. :rofl:

He might be one Toby :rofl:

Maybe we need to put on our tinfoil hats

4 Likes

I’d play the Close Encounter riff but it’d take too long setting every thing up.
Cue Dark Side of the Moon.