Please sign up to perform at the JustinGuitar Community Livestream December 9th

The Open Mic takes a break to make space for another Justin hosted Livestream.

JustinGuitar Community Live Stream Festive Bash Mic - Saturday 9th December 7pm UTC

Register now to be considered as a performer at the next JustinGuitar Community Live Stream. Read on!

Performers

There are fifteen performer slots available with an opportunity to play one song. Please state your wish to be considered for a slot in a reply to this topic. Remember to state your location & UTC time zone.

A like from me means I have seen and registered your interest.

Performer slots are available according to the following criteria.

• We ask that performers have made an Introductory topic, ideally including some information about their learning path with JustinGuitar.

• We ask that performers be actively engaged Community members who embody the positive and supportive pay-it-forward ethos we have long nurtured within the Community.

• We ask that performers have shared audio-video of their playing in the Community Recordings section, recorded since becoming a Community member.*

• We ask that performers have previously attended Open Mics at minimum as an audience member.

The performer application window closes on Friday 1 December after which a final list of performers will be published. If the number of potential performers exceeds our limit we may need to disappoint some people.

For performers, there will be a quick soundcheck from approximately 6:30pm UTC. :slight_smile:

More info
Some helpful links, especially for performers:

People who have chosen to put their name forward for a performer slot (to date):

@Malz
@Elixir1253
@brianlarsen
@twistor59
@TheCluelessLuthier
@Rossco01
@liaty
@Eccleshall
@KevinKevan
@TheMadman_tobyjenner
@Brucie
@Jenndye429
@NicoleKKB
@Aidan5

18 Likes

Hi Richard, I would like to be considered for a performance slot please.
York UK, UTC 0 I think.

4 Likes

Thank you Mr C :+1:

1 Like

Yes pse, Richard,

Performer slot request,

Berks
UTC 0

4 Likes

Dā€™oh.
Iā€™m such a silly billy.
Justin has reminded me ā€¦

Itā€™s a public event.
There is no need to register for an audience slot.
Haha.

You can of course post comments like ā€˜whopp whoop, Iā€™ll be thereā€™ etc.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey folks,
This is less than three weeks away and only two volunteers so far? :open_mouth:
J is probably sick of the sight of me (esp. after the last one :laughing:), but theyā€™re great fun so donā€™t be self-conscious and throw your :tophat: in the ring.
Put me down for a song, Richard, as a reservist if you donā€™t get the fifteen.
Iā€™m equally happy to lob :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: in the chatroom as a spectator :rofl:

8 Likes

Iā€™d normally do this kind of thing but wonā€™t have the situation for it on the day Iā€™m afraidā€¦ Iā€™d encourage anyone thinking about it to step up, it was loads of fun last time.

4 Likes

The timezone difference for me is a pity, being in Australia; otherwise, Iā€™d possibly put my hand up. 5-6 am just doesnā€™t cut it for me anymore Iā€™m afraid. Part of the reason Iā€™ve only done 2 open mics, and none for quite a while.

Cheers, Shane.

2 Likes

Richard Richard :see_no_evil:
All that effort for nothing, well hereā€¦

ā€˜Whopp whoop ,I`ll be thereā€™ etc.

Greetings :blush:

4 Likes

@jkahn & @sclay- two pillars holding up the whole northern hemisphere :wink:
This wasnā€™t so much a call for more enthusiasm but more a ā€˜nudgeā€™ for all those out there who are half-tempted but too shy or modest to put themselves forward :smiley:

2 Likes

I was a bit hesitant about volunteering because:

1. I canā€™t sing
  2. I donā€™t have any festive-themed music to play

If those are not issues and youā€™re wanting to fill the numbers, then Iā€™m happy (but still nervous) to put my name in the performer pot.

Otherwise an audience spot please.

8 Likes
  • I canā€™t play
  • I donā€™t do ā€˜festiveā€™

Weā€™d make a good team :rofl:
(I donā€™t even have anything ā€˜newā€™ so would be something shared previously)

3 Likes

I canā€™t dance either. Didnā€™t Genesis write a song about me? :rofl:

5 Likes

Please put my name in the pot for a performance. Unfortunately, my lovely bassist will be back in Michigan visiting friends for the holidays. I will have to make it a solo performance.

5 Likes

Brian

I wonder if folk are under the impression that they would have to do a festive/seasonal song for the LS ? I am sure that is not the case, as you say you donā€™t do festive but it might be worth getting Mr C @Richard_close2u to clarify. It might be what is holding folks back ?

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

There is no requirement whatever to perform a festive song.
Festive songs are as welcome as any other but not essential.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Granted it might be a factor, Phil; although a relatively recent joiner I have not perceived any problems with raising awareness for a scheduled JGC OM.

Fwiw:

• a theme is suggested in the title, viz. ā€œFestiveā€ ā€¦ and my initial thought leaned towards it being potentially off-putting for some of the JGC Community ā€¦ many people like ā€œhumbugsā€ ā€¦ :wink:
  • the non-requirement for audience registration was identified and addressed quite soon after publishing the Calling Notice. However, there is now long thread of response and comment not helping the cause, and I would include my ā€˜missiveā€™ too.
  • raising the profile feels to me like hoisting the wrong flag higher ā€¦ as it says on a cracker joke ā€¦ a broken pencil has no point ! :thinking:.

Itā€™s easy for me to be viewed as sniping from ā€œthe bleachersā€. However, wider publicity feels akin to doubling-down. Therefore my pennyworth would be to consider:

• remove, rename, re-launch the event and state clearly a request only for participant requests. I believe ā€œLive-streamā€ events have been run before; so maybe just blow the dust of the last publicity and change the date.

I think that the audience interest registered thus far will not feel offended about being ā€œairbrushed outā€; appreciating that they are an important ingredient to the success of all JGC OM evenings. But, insufficient performers means no show for people to enjoy, and might not be considered a positive tone for the future.

I am standing up holding a large target ā€¦ :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Having only ever done the first Livestream Iā€™m happy to perform at this one Richard. Probably something simple on acoustic for a change.

6 Likes

Singing is not required.
Festive music is not required.

Youā€™re on the list Phil.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Excellent, now we are getting a show together :star_struck:

2 Likes