Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix

Backing track (minus guitars) obtained from the intergoogle. So the guitar parts you hear is me playing (main part + solo), all other instruments and vox from BT.
Cheers
Steve

Purple Haze cover

9 Likes

That sounded great to me Stephen, you really caught the Hendrix vibe. Your tone was super. Which was the bit you played with your teeth? :smiley:

2 Likes

That was excellent! Great job staying tight with the backing track.

1 Like

Thought that was great!! It did have that Hendrix vibe very nice! Lol @ sairs comment

1 Like

Good groove, and you’ve captured the vibe Steve.

1 Like

Lovely - would be fantastic to see a video of you playing it too if you’re up for that?

1 Like

Man, that was superb.

You really captured the vibe Steve. Brilliant.

1 Like

Very impressive

1 Like

Enjoyed that immensely Steve, well done.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

impressive playing! What guitar and amp did you use? What settings for guitar and amp?
Someday I will play this song and on that day the countryside will know! :joy:

1 Like

Thanks! I played the crazy outro part with my teeth, then set light to the guitar! :rofl:

4 Likes

Thank you. :metal:

Thanks - much appreciated.

Thank you kindly.

Thanks Iain. I have been thinking about adding video of late but to be honest it has taken all my effort to get my head around using the DAW alone. I will work on adding video soon but I don’t want to get too bogged down in the tech and forget to practice! That said I think the audio DAW side is the biggest hurdle and adding video by using my phone should not be too difficult - famous last words! :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you very much Stefan.

Thanks Keith, much appreciated.

1 Like

Thank you Toby. :metal:

Hi Robert. Thank you.
The guitar I used was the Reverend Greg Koch Signature Gristlemaster, bridge pick-up. The amp is Fender Deluxe Reverb (the Tonemaster version). Amp on Channel 2 Reverb. To get the effects I used a Line 6 HX Effects unit. I dialled in an OD and Fuzz sound for main parts. Then added an Octavia for the solo effect.
For most things I just use either a clean sound or slightly overdriven sound so getting anything close to the original sound on this was a bit challenging!
Cheers!
Steve

Man, that was great. I echo the comment about staying tight with the backing track. You really captured the Hendrix vibe and sound. :+1:

1 Like