RAMBLiN MAN (The Allman Brothers) and Sixteen Tons (Jeff Beck feat Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top

Hi Dave, yes I was on the old forum, I think we joined around the same time.

Dave, this is just brilliant.
Is it really “only” six years? It seems like you’ve been playing guitar all your life, haven’t you? :wink:
So everything is easy and seemingly at ease, it sounds and looks.
Even in spite of the flame on the fingerboard. :smiley:
congratulations, great job!
Leo

Thanks, Stefan, for taking a listen and the for the nice comments. The next couple of months will dictate how soon I can get back on a regular basis.

1 Like

Hi, Leo. Yep, six years, although 2022 was hit and miss. FYI, when I got to JG I knew some open chords and some barre chords and one song. JG was sort of my last go at trying to learn guitar. Justin’s method just really clicked for me. Thanks for the spin and the great feedback.

Hi Dave,

Happy Anniversary.

Ramblin Man - that lead tone sounds so sweet. Some great bends in there. Love the one where the little finger pushes the E as well. You was on fire :slight_smile:

16 Tons - Super heavy tone. Great vocal. Love that sort of phasing sound.

Two great recordings.

Digger

Hi, Digger. Thanks for the generous comments. They were both fun to learn and record. I appreciate you stopping by.

That is so awesome. I’m somewhere in year 1 with Justin. Hopefully I will be where you are in year 6. Voice plus guitar… much respect. Much respect. Great rendition.

Hi, Steve. Glad you liked this one. “Voice plus guitar”, but not done at the same time. All the music was recorded and then the vocal put in.
I encourage you to stay the course with JG. Set goals, a solid practice routine and just keep at it. You’ll get there. Best wishes as you continue the journey.

1 Like