Ready for the party! - Updated June 18th

:partying_face::sunglasses::partying_face::sunglasses: so happy I broke the ice, when I heard the sound of the new fresh strings I was like oh wow!

Thereā€™s one thing Iā€™m not happy with to tell the truth, and that is the barre chords as even if they sound clear they are pretty much innaccurateā€¦a lot of bad habits to eradicateā€¦but hey ho! They asked for this song, I couldnā€™t say ā€œnoā€ā€¦you know they smiled begging please :rofl::rofl::rofl:ā€¦ so I worked to get the song done and thatā€™s what matters now working on inaccuracies was too much :see_no_evil: I hope youā€™re well Brian :blush:

That one is interesting indeed! It was and is amazing how our voices can naturally and immediately adapt to the raising of pitch like really not even thinking about it! So I had my singing lesson and build some real confidence in myself! Thereā€™s also a cool game of octaves in the original song between the male singer voice and the white childrenā€™s voices, which we couldnā€™t manage to replicate as we sounded really like cackling hens :rofl:

Hereā€™s the link if you fancy doing some singing analysis :wink:

We do some english learning daily, using the language in real life situations, for example in the morning they offer some fruit to eachother ā€œWould you like some fruit?/Yes please/No thank you/ Here you are/ Youā€™re welcomeā€ etcā€¦or playing " run run as fast as you can you canā€™t catch me Iā€™mā€¦" fill in the brakets :rofl::rofl::rofl: ectā€¦We sing in english as well :blush: I have to remember to keep a slowier tempo so they can sing the lyrics more easily.

2 Likes

The change still takes some effort and it doesnā€™t feel completely smooth yetā€¦but smoothier than it has ever been :champagne::clinking_glasses: or :beers::beer::beer: or whatever you preferā€¦this needs a drink celebrationā€¦cheers Stefan!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take it all please Silvia. :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow!! Stunning playing and singing! Enjoy the party!

I also just recently did a restring of my acoustic! Congrats on, looks very clean in the video and, of course, the instrument sounds great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

HI Silvia,

I am late to the party in reviewing your song. You do so amazing and inspire me with your attention to detail and patience as you progress. Great job!

1 Like

All I can say is I love it, love it, love it :slightly_smiling_face: have a blast at the party :v:

1 Like

Hello! :blush::blush::blush:
First thing my heartfelt GRAZIE to all of you for your encouragment and sharing this with me :gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart:

Hereā€™s a little bit of audio from the party from the few recordings I could get insofar, I hope someone made full recordings of the songs :crossed_fingers:ā€¦
It went really well, the children were super excited from early in the morning, the families were all smiling and happy, lots of clapping and ā€œBravi!!!ā€, some tears of joy as well!

How I did with the guitarā€¦oh not that bad at all except just a few minor hickupsā€¦oh ooops :face_with_hand_over_mouth::sweat_smile::grin:

ā€¦something weird happened with the amp cable on the first ā€œGrazieā€ on the first chorus and I was like ā€œoh no! I have one more magic word and thatā€™s PLEASEā€¦NOT NOW!ā€ I didnā€™t panic and kept on playing and just moved a little bit the guitar toward the right side and that seemed to somehow solve the problemā€¦

Incy Wincyā€™s was the last tune and my heart was beating so fast that I started with a crazily fast tempo without even realising, eventhough we had planned to make it slow so that the children could sing in english more easilyā€¦but they did well anyway :sweat_smile: Just when we started singing I realised and I thought about Justinā€™s lesson about the heartbeatā€¦but there were about 40 persons singing along and slowing it down was out of question so I kept on going :sweat_smile:

The poemā€¦oh ooops I messed it all up :see_no_evil: I knew this would happen! The fingerpicking was nice and clean while the children were getting ready with the teachers but then I wasnā€™t just able to accompany them and I kept it so quiet that anyone hardly could hear it and just put a loud Barre A rolled chord at the end of the poem :see_no_evil::joy::sweat_smile:
No big dealā€¦but Iā€™m happy it actually magically happened during the rehearsals :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ci vuole un fioreā€¦it started with anyone with his/her own tempo, itā€™s more spoken there than sung but it fell soon into place as I started strumming more loudly and keeping Old Faithful consistentā€¦we should have used a microphone there maybeā€¦and then it ended with all the clapping you can hear in the audio :grin::upside_down_face::clap::clap::clap::clap: braviiii!!!

Very proud teacher over here :love_you_gesture::grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Grazie mille, Silvia :slightly_smiling_face: Well done etc. especially for handling unexpected situations. Itā€™s so easy to hear how much fun the kids are having :smiley: You can be so proud of yourself or better yourselves :slightly_smiling_face:

That was fantastic Silvia. The kids are obviously well into it and having loads fun. You can feel the energy. Guitar coming through quite well and sounds pretty solid. Big Congratulation. :clap:

:sunglasses:

As always, beautiful guitar work from you, and great vocals!

Mike

Bravi Silvia!!!

That sounded great and the children were well going for it.

Well done on keeping it together through the glitches and racing heart beats. :smiley:

That was a nice read lot of good vibes :smiley:ā€¦ :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :clap: :clap: :clap: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet:
Thanks,Rogier

Woohoo! Well done, Silvia! Really enjoyed reading your update. Lots to cope with there and you clearly did amazing! The recording sounded so cool and is filled with joy and good vibes, a great party had by all! :partying_face: :dancing_women: :guitar: :tada: :raised_hands: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hey Silvia :slight_smile:

Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve seen your video, and wow, you made very noticeable progress! Congrats on your Friday party show too. :partying_face: And always a pleasure to listen to your AVOUP. :slight_smile:

Really, really great, Sylvia! I so admire all your talent. Being a school teacher is a profession I truly respect and I know you are great at it; as well as your musical talent.

1 Like

That was great Silvia! As we can hear, everyone is just so happy! :partying_face: You made kids, parents and yourself really happy! One can hear the enthusiasm! Must have been a wonderful party!

1 Like

Well done Sylvia. The kids enjoyment shone through and thatā€™s what matters. Did they notice any hiccups? I bet they didnā€™t and theyā€™ll be saying their teacher is a rock star.:smiley:

1 Like

It seems, that Iā€™m a bit late to the party :face_with_peeking_eye:. I somehow missed this thread.

But better late, than neverā€¦

Thanks so much for sharing this glimpses of your party. The kids sang full-hearted, and your playing enhanced the whole performance beautifully.
You really can be proud of you :smiley:. Not only for playing, but also for handling the amp problem in a very professional way. Chapeau :star_struck::clap::+1:.

1 Like