Ready for the party! - Updated June 18th

Hello Guitar Friends! As I did my acoustic guitar restringing in the weekend (for the first time :partying_face:), yesterday it really felt like I should do some recording :grin:

These are the the preparations for our school party this Friday afternoon, except for one song that I couldnā€™t record because it raises of one semitone at each verse and my colleague moves the capo for me.

Clip 1 is a short poem about friendship that our 5/6yo children will reciteā€¦during the rehearsal Iā€™m kind of learning to adjust my timing to accompany them and sometimes it comes out pretty wellā€¦itā€™s unpredictable how it will go thoughā€¦but I think itā€™ll be nice anyway :blush:

Clip 2ā€¦look at my weak G! I know Iā€™m cheating most of the times because I move ring finger in advance on the C chord beat 3 and then itā€™s way easier to put down only pinky but this is a good cheating :wink: This is like a big victory for me as I remember being very frustrated last year with a lot of practice and no tangible results soā€¦:clinking_glasses::champagne::clinking_glasses:

Clip3 a lovely song ā€œUna parola magicaā€ and as youā€™ll hear the magic word is GRAZIE! Iā€™m finally learning to transition from fingerpicking to strumming keeping time :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: this also always seemed so difficult for me!

Now only a couple of rehearsal with the children and colleagues before the partyā€¦but weā€™re all ready to enjoy it and do our best :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

25 Likes

Well done with the restringing, first time (and few other times as well) it can be challenging.
Wonderful, Iā€™m sure kids will love it :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Bellissima, Silvia :smiley:
Youā€™re doing so well in all aspects, the picking, strumming, timing, and singing.
What a lucky class you have :smiley:
The parola magica reminded me of a good friend in Dublin who used to tell all children:
ā€œDid you know if you smile and say please, grown ups have to do whatever you want?ā€ :rofl:

1 Like

Sylvia, thanks a lot for sharing your video. It brought a big smile and also almost some tears to my face and I repeat myself, when I say, your kids can be so happy to have such a positive and dedicated person as a teacher. You do what you do with so much love and fulfillment! ā€œUna parola magicaā€ is such a lovely tune. Thanks to you, I got at least a tiny little bit of Italy these days. We are having a week off and planned to go to Italy, but the weather forecast for Lake Garda was so bad, that we sadly decided to stay at home. We only drive a little more than one hour to the border, so itā€™s pretty close to Italia, but now Iā€™ll have to wait till August. Sigh!
I wish you all the best and a lot of fun for the Party at Friday! :heartbeat:

1 Like

Ciao Silvia,
You are ready ready ready for the party :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: it all looks great what you are doing :sunglasses: :clap:

And Andrea, @Helen0609 what a bummer that your trip to lago di Garda is not going on, it has been very bad in Italy lately, first that drought and now for so long that bad rain weather, my mother is leaving in just over a week for lago di Levico (near Lake Garda) :crossed_fingers:ā€¦

And here it hasnā€™t rained ever for so long in history that they know :worried:

Enoughā€¦Party Friday :partying_face: :boom: :dizzy: :sunflower:

Greetings

2 Likes

Oh, Silvia, itā€™s so lovely :heart: Your emotion, your voice, especially when singing the ā€œUna parola magicaā€. It just fits so well :blush:

1 Like

Sounding greatā€¦ defo ready for the partyā€¦ good luck and enjoy

1 Like

Lucky children Silvia. And lucky us getting a preview. :smiley:
Iā€™m picturing your friend moving the capo up a fret for each verse of your other song. Sounds interesting!

1 Like

You are ready for the party, hope it goes well. You play really well strumming and fingerpicking.

1 Like

Silvia, you are ready for your party! The children will love it. You really do play and sing very well. Congratulations.

1 Like

Absolutely divine, Silvia, especially ā€œUna parola magica"! Such fun and engaging performances and your vocals are gorgeous! Good luck for the party, Iā€™m sure it will be fabulous! :guitar: :partying_face: :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

That was great Silvia!! You are ready for the party! Sounded amazing. Lovely fingerpicking and strumming!!
Sounded really great. And Italian is a language that almost sings by itself!
Very nice Silvia. Should be proud of yourself! :grin:

1 Like

Wow, that was amazing. Really good Silvia.

Incy wincy spider surprised me after your first song in Italian. Was not expecting English! Incy wincy is a song our kids learn growing up as well.

The third song, sounded really familiar. The tune & chords. Your playing and singing were so good.

1 Like

:partying_face: :sunglasses: :+1: :star_struck: :pray:

@SILVIA Hello, Silvia, youā€™re doing so well in many ways!! Congratulations and tks for sharing that!! I really enjoyed watching all the clips!! Way to go!!

1 Like

Three wonderful clips there Silvia, your children are very lucky indeed. Your weak fingered G looked fine to me and didnā€™t look to cause you any problems at all.

Enjoy your party on Friday.

1 Like

Hi Silvia,
You show here a lot of diversity. Well done and bravo on pulling it off so well! Your voice sounds good and I think is picking up a little room ambience which helps it sound good! Keep up the good work and vibes!

Be well and keep them little ones on their toes with your song!
LB

@SgtColon @brianlarsen @roger_holland @nzmetal @jkahn @Socio @JokuMuu @Helen0609 @Adaltro

What to say if notā€¦ā€œcon tutto il :heart: grazie!ā€ :pray::blush:

4 Likes

@kimlodrodawa @TonyHS @tRONd @skinnyt @sairfingers @RadekSiechowicz @LBro

What to say if notā€¦ā€œcon tutto il :heart: grazie!ā€ :pray::blush:

2 Likes

@Helen0609 @roger_holland June has been indulgent as regards temperatures here, and today seems to be the first really hot day. Insofar it has rained most days which was not so nice, but better than frying :hot_face: ā€¦we enjoyed a few extra weeks of fresh air (usually mid May make us sweat already).

Thatā€™s unusual weather this year really!

Iā€™m very glad you enjoyed it Andrea :blush::it:

We are a pretty cool team this year, my colleague Michela really helped a lot to get the singing of ā€œUna parola magicaā€ in tune as it was quite tricky in the beginning :sweat_smile: And she also taught me some dancing, as Iā€™m terrible at that, I took the chance and learnt with the childrenā€¦the best thing is that we can always learn together from eachother, Iā€™m very lucky and grateful for this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes