Recommendations for learning harmonica?

I can’t play guitar for 6 weeks or so as I’ve broken my arm, so I thought it might be a hoot to start learning harmonica during my enforced downtime. Is there a site like Justin’s for Harmonica? Can anyone tell me what type of harp to buy, recommend lesson sites, books etc?
I’m taking early retirement this coming weekend, I’m also retiring from motorcycling (the cause of the broken arm), take away music as well and I’ll be bored to death! Help a dude in desperation!

1 Like

Hello Ian,
Like this site…no definitely not,but I’ve read good tips here…but where,???I’m sure this person knows more about this… @J.W.C
Greetings ,Rogier

This is from the old forum, lots of useful stuff about harmonic and resources.
https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?board=97.0

1 Like

Hi there,

Some time ago there was a thread about harmonica recommendations: Guitar and Harmonica

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

G’day Ian,have a look at Mitch Granger Harmonica ,he also plays guitar and has several lessons on youtube.
Love the combination of harmonica and guitar.
I hope the arm heals quickly,cheers.

1 Like

Thanks Graeme. I checked out his lesson 1 and blew a single note in seconds. Just need to practice until I can do it consistently!

I learned a lot from the video’s of Adam Gussow

If you’re not afraid of older video’s;
Jason Ricci

1 Like

Thanks Lieven, I’d already found Gussow and also Jon Gindick and Mitch Grainger thanks to previous answers!
I found that after watching Grainger’s lesson 1 I was able to blow a single note: I’ll have a look at the others once I’ve practiced enough to be able to do it consistently :grin:

1 Like