Rehearsal recording: Nothing Compares 2 U

I recorded some bits while rehearsing earlier this week, like this Prince cover.

It became some kind of blend of the Chris Cornell and sinnead O’Connor version

15 Likes

What a great rendition!

Man you got a really good voice. And your accent is starting to disappear, if not really enhance the music.

Thanks for that.

2 Likes

Wow. Terrific playing and singing. I loved your version Lieven. Well done.

1 Like

Beautiful performance mate. Great singing - very emotive.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Terrific :clap::clap:. This is something to aspire to :blush:

1 Like

That was great Lieven, love your style and I am a big fan of your fingerstyle playing and picking this song (no pun intended :grin:) did you a great favour and overall made this production most enjoyable to listen to! And now more please :pray: :grin:

2 Likes

Really nice arrangement I could listen to that all day.

1 Like

Lieven you are a shining star for so many reasons. I love that I can hear so much of who you are in your vocal. That lifts this out of the ordinary. :star2:

2 Likes

Hi Lieven,
That is a very nice surprise as the first song of the morning :ok_hand:,…lovely guitar rhythm…and your voice is really very fine and sung with power and conviction and pure…wow BIS BIS :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :bouquet:
Greetings

1 Like

That was just spectacular Lieven.

A great song played and sung fantastically. Bravo!

1 Like

Ooh that’s fab, I love that song. Hope you don’t mind that I added backing vocals :joy::+1:t2: Ah, ah, ah, ah, ahhhhhh :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Great playing and singing, really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Another great one from you. Awesome, spectacular, - AAAAmaaazing!!

1 Like

Wonderful performance, Lieven. Love the way you play on the electric, your own style and fabulous vocal.

1 Like

Wow Leeven! I am glad to finally hear some of your music. After getting some of your feedback it is so nice to hear an example of how a performance should be done. This was the number one song in the USA in 1990 again now in 2002 here is your version-stunning work! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Excellent, nothing else needed!
Enjoyed it very much, I liked Sinead O’Connor’s version never knew that Prince covered it :face_with_hand_over_mouth: great stuff :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Hearing it again I already learned some things to improve and the more I hear it, the more I dislike it :smiley: | I guess, that’s how I learn. Listening to yourself can be confronting and by all means, it is never narcissistic :smiley:

btw, it’s my Fender Hellcat electroacoustic guitar, tuned a whole step down.
The first time in 11years I tuned it down to D while I had it in Eb for so long. This particular guitar sounds a lot better in my ears tuned in D instead of E

Great production Lieven. Vocal and guitar were spot on to my ears and very nicely produced. A really nice version of a great song. Loved the instrumental bridge as well and some nice single note picking as well. I think you are too harsh on yourself.

1 Like

It’s a Prince song which Sinead covered. I personally prefer Prince’s version. Give it a listen Darrell. :+1:

1 Like

Also, check Chris Cornell’s version!

2 Likes