Ring Of Fire by Johnny Cash Lesson

Learn to play Ring Of Fire by Johnny Cash on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at Ring Of Fire by Johnny Cash | JustinGuitar

The intro in the tab is completely different from what Justin is explaining in the video. The measure is also different. Sure that the tab is actually right?

I agree, tab doesn’t match what he is saying…

@kirchman @mattanderson
Thanks for the feedback. I just spotted that and will pass on to The Team

2 Likes

Hey there :slight_smile: This specific TAB is meant to match the original recorded version of this song. We suggest using the chords/lyrics to play along with Justin’s slightly easier version shown in the video. Hope this helps! Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think the chords/lyrics version matches the video either. Justin talks about the same pattern repeating with a D instead of a C, but in the listed chords for the verse/intro it’s al C’s.

very confusing. As pointed out by others Chords and lyrics don’t match the chords Justin is playing and their time is mix of 2/4 and 4/4 rather than the 7 beats Justin explains.

I can work it out but makes it so hard remembering to substitute a D where it says C some of the time.

Be nice if the chords/lyrics could match the video lesson. Cheers

Hi team. I love this song and am trying really hard to get it all together. I am struggling here because I couldn’t follow Justin’s fingers … bear with me. For the first 8 mins he uses fingers 3 and 4 for the G chord - this makes the transition to C look really easy.

Later - at 8:30 - Justin changes to a “normal” G with fingers 1,2 & 3. I may have missed it but he doesn’t tell us about the options for the G chord and this really confused me. As a definite beginner I struggled trying to teach myself the 3 and 4 G chord (for the first 8 mins) … I’m sure both are fine - but I just found it really confusing :slight_smile: