Rogers rock on wheels

Hello people ,

Sweet Home Chicago,
INTRO Verse with the Riff and Turn around …O that Grrrrr turn around

The third day of a lot of practice… no, really a lot …4/5 times a day a longer stretch than recommended, but with only a few minutes each time I wasn’t this far yet …I think… starting next week I’ll be fine-tuning this in shorter sessions :innocent:… but let’s see how long it takes before I appear on camera with the final version,

This is a video recorded very quickly via my looper to increase the pressure on myself and to enormously accelerate the learning process … I have never pressed the record button so quickly, but this morning this was attempt number 5 or 6 after an evening of mainly practicing the turn around in my head,

It will sound so much smoother before the end of the month I know, but now we’ll take a break for a few days

Sweet Home Chicago,
Robert Johnson

Part of the Justin BLiM course…

Greetings …

12 Likes

That sounds great Rogier! I’m going to pull out my Robert Johnson tab book and have a look at that one :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Rogier, is your camera facing the ceiling so that we don’t see you sitting there relaxing listening to Justin play it on your speakers? It’s coming along very well, good work.

1 Like

Hi @Mari63 and @Socio ,

Thank you for the encouraging words and James…don’t exaggerate :joy:

It is also a 10-day holiday here so breaktime …I tink (at least in the afternoon), so if the weather cooperates a bit, we will be out and about a lot… although tomorrow it looks like autumn, I just read here… But I just saw on last night’s video that a break in between is good… .just go to the fridge or leave the house for a few days …almost the same,

And nice Mari you have the book …I did it with playing the video very slowly and listening to the “drunk Justin” because I couldn’t figure it out this time with just my ear…and
the tabs did not work for me with this one ???

Greetings

2 Likes

Sound good Roger.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Well English people…you won this :arrow_up: with flying colors :sunglasses: :clap:

it’s our turn on Wednesday :joy:

1 Like

Sounding sweeet, Rogier :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:!
Are you seriously asking a Bavarian girl about Heinneken or Guinnes :joy:? When it comes to beer, we play in s different league :wink:.

3 Likes

Thanks @TheMadman_tobyjenner and @Helen0609

Tried again this morning after a few days of rest and so much less carelessness and unwanted touching of strings that I was surprised myself…I’m almost there, but not quite yet…but faster than expected…

Thanks to @sly for this post
Which I am working towards with of course all the limitations with an electric guitar…

:see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil::joy:

Greetings

2 Likes

Hmmmmm… as a card-carrying, introspective, verifiably honest & intelligent lover of all things (I’ll lump all of the various libations that cover the entire spectrum of “beer” here) beer, :beers: I can honestly say that I don’t care for any mass-produced brews. Not sure what is happening in other parts of the world but the Southwestern US has hundreds of microbreweries that are putting out some absolutely amazing
Porters,
Stouts,
IPAs - including double and triple hops versions + hazy IPAs,
Lagers,
Shandys,
Ales,
Cervezas,
Pilsners,

I could keep going but instead I’ll just mention a few of my current favorites:

Chocolate Milk Stout from Boxing Bear Brewing in Albuquerque NM.
Dark Crystal (a Black IPA) from Horse & Dragon Brewing in Fort Collins CO
Green Chile Cerveza from Sierra Blanca Brewery in Moriarty NM
Double White (a Belgian inspired wheat ale) from Marble Brewery
Azulito (a Blue-Corn Mexican lager) from La Cumbre Brewing Co. in Albuquerque NM

Boy!!! Could I use a nice cold one now!!! But It’s still 4 hours till quitting time!!! :poop:

Tod

3 Likes

Tod!!! Wow, what an insight into your list of favourite beers! :joy:

Same here, lots of them out there with some creative concepts (had some of them as a consultant, always a nice variation in topic compared to other business purposes :joy:)

Read this last night and got thirsty immediately…uuuh, the first sip of a nice cold Weißbier… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

2 Likes

Well Tod ,
I have no idea why you suddenly started talking about all that beer…we were going to talk about football…Oh wait, I see it now too :roll_eyes:

I have been a great fan, especially of the trippels and the doubles… in recent years the small brewery has sprung up here like mushrooms in a damp autumn, and it has not gotten any better, with a beautiful story remains poor quality still undrinkable…

Ja Andrea and Tod get some thirst too here (check time…9:40 :grimacing:… that will be some…gemeentepils… with a bag of herbs in it)

Now back to guitar :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Oh Rogier…
Think of it this way:

I have to limit myself to one or two beers :beers: a week or I know I’d be out of control!!!
Beer is GOOD!!! :beer:
Whiskey is GREAT!!!
Boilermakers or Sake Bombs :sake: ROCK!!!

Every time someone mentions beer or whiskey (like @LunaRocket) my mouth immediately gets dry…. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Tod

2 Likes

Hi Andrea…

Those are my favorites this year… so many really great ales & beers out there!!! I tend to go for dark beer/stout/porter as a general rule… my “go to” is usually a coffee stout! My two favorite things combined!!!

Tod

1 Like

Sorry Rogier, I feel partially guilty having messed up your log, so sorry! No beer talk anymore! In my case it is alcohol free anyway!

1 Like

Oh well, last night was vodka, today was wine tasting at the local winery. Not sure when the whiskey is happening again. But I will let you know. :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, shame on you, it was always so neatly so so organized in this log …no chitchat etc :joy:

And Tod

I just chose this path too …it is beter for my playing :smiley:

Ooo I remeber those weeks :smiley: Vaguely, :grin: but I remember them :sweat_smile:

Good times :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Happy to see you practicing and posting on your blues journey my friend.
Sounding good!
I’ll leave out the small beer talk :wink:

2 Likes

Happy to see you here Brian :smiley:

And Thanks :sunglasses:

:beverage_box:

1 Like

Sounds really cool Rogier!

1 Like

Really good Roger. The blues live on. So are we going to hear it with vocals? Peter

1 Like