Rogers rock on wheels

Very nice surrounds there Roger.
Quite conducive to some good Blues playing methinks.

All you need to do now is to toss that fan, and get the wife to fan you with one of those big palm leaves. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

Beautiful Nicole, :sunglasses:

With some licks it even sounds better (clearer) than with fingers and I can more attack (?) the strings , so I keep practicing like a brave boy :innocent:, but this intro also contains so much strum… will now record one with pick (it’s combined), because I think the last one I’ll post of this (weeks and weeks later because Justin bombards us with fun new lessons) will be with fingers alone … give me an couple attempts

Hi Shane @sclay
:sunglasses: yes thanks and whatever helps me I take :laughing:

And Ooooo, now you have made me dream/wish/hope… She stopped by work today despite the holidays, but now she has to go home quickly :palm_tree: :parasol_on_ground: …For now I’ll just have an ice cream if the video is successful for what I want now…

Greetings and have fun in the sun under a tree or in the water .

3 Likes

Beautiful surrounding, Rogier!
Please excuse me, but this is really bad advice :joy:!

I recently placed a fan towards my stool, so my back absorbed all the cooling air. It felt pretty good, until the next day….the one sided weight of the guitar together with the moving air caused terrible back pain…. :flushed:. How is the saying? „Never too old to rock and roll?“ Can‘t confirm, at least if a fan is involved :see_no_evil: :guitar: :wink:!

3 Likes

without a pick and let’s see how this develops

And the next One:

Now with the pick and the middle finger plucking the bottom string , that took some practice but now it feels like a wonderful movement, let’s see how this develops…

There is still a lot that can be done in terms of sound technology :sweat_smile:

I have to say that the bottom video one isn’t too bad over my speakers …Hi hopes here
(telephone sound is …well …not that good)

Greetings ,Rogier

10 Likes

Hello Andrea,

As I sit typing a story in a very concentrated manner, I see your text passing by…concentration and story in my head are gone…okay, that fan…oh wait, it’s already here

I’ve only just turned 50… :roll_eyes:

Ai ai … but that can be seriously annoying … this is a mini fan that is standing right on my face … but yes, yes yes, while I type it is blowing into the back of my neck … mmmmm . …and I still type something sometimes :roll_eyes:

Let my wife wave palm tree leaves in a controlled manner, or else keep thinking so the fan don’t cold my neck for too long… :grimacing:

Greetings :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Both were sounding super sweet already, Rogier! :smiley: :clap: :clap:

Personally, I prefer the version with the pick a tad more, as it accentuates the melody notes a little more, but that’s just for me. :slight_smile:

Your garden with all those flowers is incredibly beautiful, by the way! :tulip: :rosette: :lotus: :rose: :hibiscus:
What a nice place to strum away! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oooh :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: That’s highly recognisable already! Strangely, I also liked the pick one more, it’s a bit closer to the “spring in the step” energy of the original.

Still waiting for some humming though. Hmm or whistling? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Broken Cowboy, what a great song! Just listening to it right now. You are definitely on the right track :cowboy_hat_face:! I liked both versions but keep doing the pick + fingers thing going, it comes in handy once you get a hold of it.

Absolutely loved the fan on the guitar :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree with the girls and Luka Rogier, I thought the version with the pick was better. Allowed for a bit more attack which suited the song. A song which, incidentally, I’d never heard of until you started mentioning it

Garden looking really good there too in the earlier photos.:smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Lisa @Lisa_S and Nicole @JokuMuu And @glpguitar and Gordon @sairfingers

Thank you very much And thank you for your comments and the ease of answering in one go… :smile:
Just listened with a fresh head and in 23.2c after a nice cooling of the house… Yes of course the one with the Pick is better, where was I with my ears yesterday :flushed:, thank you very much for the 5-0, I will continue to practice the finger-only technique, but sometimes it is clear what needs to be done with certain songs :sweat_smile:

Thank you on mention the garden, and certainly Gordon, but I usually take the photos through the window because it should give an image that I am now looking at while I am typing, (or to far away) which in combination with my lousy camera, gives not the best colors (still not at all the way I see it)…and it’s high summer now so more big ones to see…

I had the fan on outside yesterday evening because I move and turn more outside the house and now it kept in front of my face, but I am no longer used to playing with a cord attached to my guitar… 1 extension cord down…

Thank you all and greetings :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I suppose better than lying :laughing:

I enjoyed both of the musical clips and I know this is a guitar site, so the intricacies of with/-out pick are important
But…
I’m a big picture kind of guy and was just waiting for a gravelly voice to come in with
It’s been a long dark dirty road :notes:
Get the guitar sorted and send it to me after the summer. I’ll get Christ to play some mandolin and maybe add some vocals :rofl:

4 Likes

Hi Brian,

This free time that my girl and I have, from now on, the rainy days will be filled with lessons from Ablelton…by her…and then she will show me the ropes… soooo, nice prospect :sunglasses:

Don`t start with gallons and gallons of whiskey and smoke to match those tones :roll_eyes:

Hopefully your holiday stays a bit dry…but what are the chances of that :roll_eyes: :laughing:

Greetings

2 Likes

You’ve got friends in high places Brian!:joy:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Or this is a hint who I’m going to play with :flushed:

:joy:

2 Likes

Lovely pictures Rogier, very colourful and cheerful. Here it’s very hot too, maybe a little less today because it’s nicely windy.

The videos: both were really good to my ear Rogier but I preferred the second one with the pick.

1 Like

Hi Silvia,
Thank you very much,

I have seen that it is very hot in many places in Italy and the hottest month has only just begun… :grimacing:

It is clear that the clarity and i think also the precision of playing with the pick is still indispensable for me now…

imagine how good Mark Knopfler and Jeff Beck could have sounded if they had played with a pick :joy:

Greetings :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Rogier it seems you’re confident with this piece of music already…if it is playing it with the fingers what you really want to you definetely should go for it, and develop your technique by going. As a listener I can only say how it sounds to me, and that would be a personal preference anyway…but as a player I don’t bother too much on how it sounds, but rather on how it feels while I’m playing…
So go for what it feels better and follow your dreams :blush: always…

1 Like

Thanks for saying this Silvia
I’m still a bit very much in doubt, when I play for myself I think rhythm guitar in particular sounds much better with fingers instead of a pick…feels nicer and sounds much better/softer less klunky klickie :grin: due to my own shortcomings …

but when it comes to individual notes and certainly with most licks, I do better with a pick and it also sounds pretty okay and elevens better clearer sharper in a good way…
I’ll just keep practicing both of them and ask you every now and then because my goal is also to learn to play for an audience and so your ears are very important to me :smiley: :sunglasses:

1 Like

who started a fire under this water :flushed:

Hundreds of fish jump out of the water during heavy rainfall in China …

And I see a nature documentary every day, but I have never seen this before on such a massive scale :flushed: