Rolandson learning log

This Lullaby By Queens Of The Stone Age Cover
I play better when I don’t record a song.
Because it needs to be perfect and when you make one mistake, probably nobody would here that mistake you start again.

https://soundcloud.com/user-601635174/this-lullaby-by-queens-of-the-stone-age-cover?si=61058c9462674e118ad64d76eccae012&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

3 Likes

Roland

Many of us play better without the pressure of knowing your being recorded.

Enjoyed your playing. The guitar part sounded like a lost John Renbourn piece; your performance was good.

Keep on recording.

Brian

1 Like

Thank you very much.
Glad you like it.
Next song will be Have you ever seen the rain.
I am also going to be more active in this Community.

Roland

Great choice for your next performance. I have the vinyl “Pendulum” on which it’s one of the tracks.

Looking forward to it.

Brian

Sister golden hair was the next song on my list.
Have you ever seen the rain comes after that.

Sister Golden Hair by America

Sister Golden Hair by America cover

I think one of my best recording but there is a noise on it like a wind is blowing. I don’t know where it came from. Maybe from the mic.

1 Like

Nice recording Roland, not a song I’m familiar with but really well played and sung :slight_smile:
Assuming you’re using a condenser then yeah it’s probably background noise, is the gain quite high? I find that my PC fan get’s picked up in certain mic placements when recording acoustic and vocals through my condenser. So many things to think about!

1 Like

I used a macbook. It is not from it because the microphone was on my left side and the macbook on the right side. Maybe something wrong with the connection.

Too Good For Giving Up - Liam Gallagher cover

One More Time - Blink 182 cover

Hat’s off to you sir! You have your own sense of tone and sound, and you have been at it for some time. You are an inspiration. Play on playa!

1 Like

Thank you very much.
That is just coincidence. I wanted to sound like the original.
The next recording is going to be You’re beautiful and Dreamers Waltz. Dreamers waltz is a song from me. I will play it in the key of G with I,VI,IV,V. Maybe I do a few 6th and 9th in it. G,Em,C and D are fine but it needs more vareations.

Good job bro keep on rocking.

1 Like

Thank you.

Wonderwall By Oasis Cover

JOLENE By DOLLY PARTON Cover

No dreames waltz right now.
I still don’t now how the song should sound.

i–vi–IV–V for the vers and vi–ii–V–I for the bridge.
Chorus is like the vers only backwards. It is going to be in the key of G with a few 9th in it.