Roller coaster (intro)

very nicely done Rogier, sounded fantastic. Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Thanks James,
Probably…or hopefully…the next one will be a blues arrangement from the boss himself…although the thumb still has a long way to go for the steady thumb blues… :grimacing:
Greetings

Now that was very tasty Rogier, a sweet bit of finger picking.

I’m just listening to the original as I type. From your intro it sounded like my kind of song. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Stefan,
That’s a nice compliment… at “stenders live radio” one of the most beautiful versions is played.
Greetings

1 Like

Hi Rogier. I really enjoyed this intro that you played, it sounded great.
Never heard of the song before, but I had to look it up because it sounds like something fun to learn and practice finger picking with. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Hi Sandro,
Thanks,glad you liked it… and if you’re not new to this style quite easy to learn…i spent a lot of hours every day on it for 3 day`s,…and 1 recording morning/extra practise…
I look forward to your performance of this beautiful song :sunglasses:
Greetings…

1 Like

Hi Roger,
you turned up a beautiful guitar sound and it was played perfectly!
I wish you to go further with this song, and sing it :slightly_smiling_face:
Keep moving on,
Leo

1 Like

Thanks Leonid,
It’s nice that the sound apparently comes across well … that will be something if it is recorded via cables and the focusrite :smiley: … or will the mistakes no longer be blurred :blush:…singing is still a thing for me … who knows if it will work in the future…
Greetings…

Oooooo so lovely Rogier. I didn’t hear any madness at all. Puss cat liked it too. :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Hi Maggie,
Thank you dear :smiling_face:…and that cat is also a sweetheart and a more than
headstrong and she chose our house herself 6,5 years ago as a half year old, who helped me / us through a difficult time :relieved:, children (like at her birthplace across the street) she find them too busy and most people too,(at night she usually slept under the window and she still ate at her 1st house). Since 2 and a half years she lives here 23 hours a day and one hour in the garden, except when we are in the garden “working”, then she gets in the way all the time :grin:

I think this is a bit too long a story about our cat (although it wasn’t just about that of course :wink: :tiger:)
And Finally no apologies in advance for a video… :smile:
Greetings … :sunflower:

2 Likes

I love the story of the cat Rogier. All I need to know now is cat’s name. It’s interesting that cat is a she, not a common thing in ginger cats. How fitting that she chose to ease you through a difficult time and even more fitting that she’s chosen to live with you. I may post a cat story in my LL, send the mods crazy posting non guitar related things :laughing:

1 Like

please do that…

I’m going to do my best to keep this as short as possible :grimacing:… When she came over when we really just moved here I didn’t know her name (and also guessed that a ginger would be male,…but women ginger it’s more common than I knew then)…just like a bird we had when I was “adult” I used to call it bird(in Dutch then) etc etc…so this little beauty that time i called…POES (Cat… meaning female cat in dutch) …weeks later we were told she had a weird football-person male name (they thought it was a male too)…and if you call an animal like this what it is she learns her name more easily and feels better beforehand…or is she a bit more wary when other people want to touch her just after yell “cat” cat"(poes poes) … because she doesn’t like suddenly touching, and not the touch at all of most people except for a few…

she never jumped on the bed…but soon when we let her sleep inside at night

She is part of my healing process by jumping on the bed at night during my ever present nightmares all my life, every time the bad weird dreams started, and kicked me awake quite brutally and “shout”(purrr very loud …never heard sinds)… within a few weeks I slept perfect for the first time since I can remember and since that time my nightmares are gone???

It does feel a bit strange to read it back on the screen like that :smiling_face:…well it is what it is with thousands more words if i really go wild someday, on the keyboard :see_no_evil:

(just for the sake of completeness …i had a fantastic childhood, dear parents dear friends etc…so the nightmares I created myself in my always busy and worrying head…about war injustice in a different way etc etc)
So, now it’s done, it’s starting to become a diary :sweat_smile: … sorry mods :stuck_out_tongue:

I shall speak on behalf of The Mods … no apology needed Rogier.

It is these deeply personal stories shared that make this Community so much more than the typical internet group. We learn about each other, connect as people beyond the common interest and pursuit of becoming musicians.

Loved the story, being so much deeper than just about an adopted cat, but being South African I’d probably opt for the spelling puss puss … nuff said, lest a Mod delete this part of the reply :wink:

1 Like

Hi David,
Thank you for this sweet response…and for the :joy:

1 Like

Lots of good feedback, well deserved! Nice playing.

1 Like

Thank You Leon,
I really appreciate your comment
Greetings

oh wow, the pressure is on now. I might only try the intro too at this stage :wink:, but it will be in a different key because I just realised it’s with a capo on the 2nd fret and I don’t have one.
I will still have a go at trying to learn the finger pattern used for the song and see how it turns out… just for you.

EDIT 22/5: Today was a rainy day so I had a bit of extra time to mess around indoors with my guitar. Below is a very rough audio of me trying it in the key of G (without a capo). Thanks for the extra motivation to try this one out @roger_holland → I will keep practicing this intro, but I hope to see you finish the rest of this song one day like you mentioned :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a magnificent cat she is Rogier and how magnificent that she nursed you through the nightmare place. Thankyou for this story, it makes my heart smile.

I wish your busy and worrying head, peace. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Sandro ,
It goes fine without capo, that’s how I usually practiced it, but the original is with capo on 2 and I like the sound better… have fun with it :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

Thanks Maggie,this does me good :blush: :kissing_heart:

1 Like