Roller coaster (intro)

Hi ,
That goes very quickly :sunglasses: … you are almost there, but try to practice perfectly, So better the first barr 100% correct and so on, in the end that saves time because then your fingers don’t have to unlearn anything ,
but i’m already impressed :smiley:… have fun
Greetings

Sorry to be this late with my feedback; I’m being on all this great stuff on AVOYP lately!

A very good exercise and certainly not the easiest to begin with.
Your notes ring through nicely and your flow is steady; the 2 most important things of getting to learn something like this. By all means, put it down for a while and reprise later; I do that all the time. “ff laten sudderen ;)”

You’re doing great, keep it up!

OF COURSE this song is well known in Belgium… by just more than a handful of people but well enough for my vocal coach once hinting I should give it a shot. The pattern isn’t the most usual and it does an interesting take on the G chord to take off with. I had a lot of effort getting that right myself and playing the exact same pattern AND singing still is a challenge. Speaking of singing, the octave jump is quite the challenge as well, I’m still looking for that ideal tuning and capo location :smiley:
Danny Vera is such a cool guy!

1 Like

Hi Lieven,
Sorry is never necessary to say,… thanks for your feedback, it makes me happy to read it and to hear that it was quite some work to get it, thanks for that, and of course I had to laugh out loud :rofl:… …I also expected that it would be known to our southern neighbors,…but I was too “lazy” to look it up…good luck and have fun singing :smiley: :sweat_smile:
And he is definitely a cool guy.
Greetings

1 Like

Rockin’ Roger just rolled right under my radar…
How did I miss that? :thinking:
Hmmm… maybe because it was so short?!?
Still, what I heard was good enough to make me check out the full song on YT and now I have another artist in my ever-growing ‘to-do’ list.
Thank you.
I think.
… and what’s with the cats? I thought the internet was done with them?
Sigh

1 Like

Hi Brian,
You’re just too busy with other things…and…short? :roll_eyes:

And thanks,…this artist is such a stubborn person who has always continued to do his own thing (with a lot of covers in a popular football/bar program, but rock and roll and such), this song was his big break through which he can keep playing what he wants, and this is how he raises a whole generation with a nice style.

:cat2: :rofl:…and she distracted me with the water slurping in the background, so I had to start again 2 x during not looking at my hands but at the phone … well another cat video so … sorry :blush:

1 Like