RonG - July 2022 - Green Day, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Neil Young & more

Thank you Sandy, I really appreciate the encouraging feedback.

Thank you Ross, it sure is a tough one to sing so I really appreciate your encouragement.
Cheers

Thank you so much Colberg. The encouraging feedback I have been getting from this forum has really motivated me to keep at it.
Cheers

1 Like

Another cracking track Ron.

Well check out the OM section on Sunday morning (evening for you) and sign up to OM X :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you.
I will check out the open Mic.
Cheers

G’day All,
Here is a cover a did a while back.
I was trying to get the guitar fx to give the impression of the original organ sound.
Listening with headphones or buds is certainly the way to go with this one.
It was fun to learn to play and I hope you enjoy my attempt at this classic.
All feedback appreciated.
Cheers
Ron

8 Likes

I really enjoyed that Ron. Great playing and singing.

I agree with @batwoman Maggie though, maybe tune the reverb down a little on the vocal.

1 Like

Hi Ron,
Nicely played …smoothly :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :clap:,…that was good to see and an inspiration to pick/try this song for myself…
I don’t know if I’ll regret it next week :grimacing:
Greetings :bouquet: ,Rogier

1 Like

Tip top performance, Ron. For me use of fx worked well for both guitar and voice.

1 Like

Thx for the feedback.
For that song I was trying to get a particular sound.
I personally quite like the big auditorium reverb but I understand it is not everyone’s taste.

Thx David. Cheers

1 Like

Thx Roger,
Give it a go.
It is a great song and the arrangement is not too difficult.
I look forward to hearing/seeing your version.
Cheers

1 Like

Thx Batwoman.
I still like the reverb on that song but fully understand it is not to everyone’s liking.
Cheers

Boy these are very impressive Ron. Making some comparisons with the original, I thought the vocal FX worked really well. It brings that ethereal feel of the Procol version and sits well with a parred back acoustic version you have created. Lovely ! :+1:

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thx Toby,
I am glad you got and liked what I was trying to do.
I like to try different things so it is interesting to see what people think.
Love the feedback.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Phenomenal cover. Your vocals are always top notch, but I really liked watching your strum/picking style. It is something that I recently decided I want to develop. I do like the reverb, etc.

1 Like

That was terrific Ron, super playing and some great guitar skills on display there. I thought the fx suited the song and your performance. First class!

1 Like

Thank you.
It is a style of playing (pick/strum) that I have been working on.
Works sometimes very well. This song was one of them.
Cheers

1 Like

Thank you.
I appreciate your feedback.

I was literally thinking how much I enjoy the picking/strumming/slap approach you’re taking on this song. Just the right percussive touch and the finger style bits ring out with such clarity. Amazing job on the vocals and delivery as well.

1 Like