RonG - July 2022 - Green Day, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Neil Young & more

Thank you JK.
Cheers

That’s a cracking cover Ron!
Your singing is really great and soulful, amazing!
The guitar playing and tone was really good and fitting with an unplugged version of the song, all in all I really enjoyed it :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much Darrell.
One of my favorite songs and it as fun learning at and doing the cover.
Really appreciate the encouraging feedback.
Cheers

Amazing. Great vocals and playing. How long have you been playing, if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

Thx Sandy,
I use to play as a younger teenager, then got married, kids, career etc.
Played on and off through the decades but not much.
Then about 4 years ago I retired early, bought my new Maton Messiah and got more serious about playing and singing. That’s was when I discovered Justin Guitar and his awesome lessons.
Cheers

1 Like

Something by The Beatles is a beautiful song. I hope you enjoy my latest acoustic cover of this classic.
Cheers
Ron

9 Likes

That was superb Ron. I really enjoyed that performance. You play and sing really well. Another great cover from you.

1 Like

Thank you.
I love the song it was fun to do the cover.
I really appreciate your encouraging feedback.
Cheers

1 Like

Wow. I’m really not a Beatles fan but that sounded amazing. Well done. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you Dennise.
How can you not be a Beatles fan?….:rofl::joy:
Oh well…not everyone is.
Makes your lovely comments even more special.
Cheers :heart:

Hi Ron,
And again a great performance. :sunglasses: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bouquet:… your voice is so good that I think you need to put a little less reverb on it (of course not if the original sounds like that, in that case it’s 100% ) …of course a very personal opinion, but motivated by your quality :sunglasses:
I like the quality of your videos too…
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Roger,
Thank you. Reverb is an interesting thing. I reduce it in my mix, listen and think :thinking: nope it needs more. I increase it and go…hmmmm to much me thinks….:rofl::rofl:constant battle, so I appreciate your feedback and advice.
Cheers

1 Like

Really nice Ron, thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Maybe worth having a look at this lesson on the website to see if it helps with the constant battle https://www.justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons/using-reverb-delay-the-right-way-pb-011

1 Like

Excellent performance, Ron! Really enjoyed it. :smiley:

1 Like

Again a really nice song played and sung well but a bit too much fx on it, not massively so but enough to be obvious.
It might be a good idea to add fx to a dry recording to give you more opportunity to adjust it.

1 Like

Another terrific cover Ron. Super vocal and playing. Like I’ve said in response to your previous AVoYPs, I think you use too much reverb, but hey, what do I know. :smiley:

1 Like

Ron, another fine performance, both playing and singing. Not really sure I can say too much, you are at level of proficiency that is beyond my ability to do much more than applaud.

When it comes to the production, like Dennise, I am not a Beatles fan (it’s easy, just be a Stones fan :grin:) so not sure about the sound of the original to compare with your final production from an fx perspective.

I think the guitar tone sounds good with the fx you are using, but does have a processed rather than natural acoustic-in-a-room sound. I think if I was listening to a full set then it could become quite tiring (for lack of a better word) if used continuously.

My personal preference is to use just enough reverb, delay, chorus to allow the acoustic to sound rich and full, enhancing the natural sound, but avoiding sounding too fx-processed.

But it’s all very subjective.

Did a good job on the vocal, loads of dynamics and range. Didn’t pick up any clipping. So your set up for the vocal is spot on I think.

So being the stuck-record nag that I am, how is it going to identify an opportunity to play live at a local Open Mic or a coffee shop. You have the chops, just got to get out there and perform. Now I can’t recall what you said about that … a nag that doesn’t always remember replies :rofl:

1 Like

Really enjoyed that rendition Ron, thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

Holy cow Ron, amazing voice and guitarplay…wow.
Wish I was that far…
Thanks for sharing mate.

1 Like