RonG - July 2022 - Green Day, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Neil Young & more

Anybody else here think this title was a kind-of tease -
I interpreted it as “something by the Beatles” as opposed to “Something” - by the Beatles.

Anyway, that was fantastic. I enjoyed thoroughly. I enjoyed it all by the style it was really captured my attention.

1 Like

Once again, a wonderful performance. Bravo!

1 Like

Have to agree with Digger, Ron.

Well performed and yet again exquisite vocals. I understand what other folks have said about it being a tad heavy on the reverb and I would agree if you are trying to completely emulate the original. If so maybe back it of a tad but in the end of the day I liked it anyway.

Are you running the finished track through different speakers/headphones ? I find when I am rendering to get a balance that appeals to the wider audience, I have to master several times, adjusting to get a uniform sound. My headphones will sound rich and full but my PC speakers then come over vocally biased and Youtube on my phone a little thin and trebly. Tweak wash rinse repeat.

Not sure what you listen to the final cut on but worth comparing a couple of sources. But heck you may have done that anyway. Shoot who cares, sounded good to me !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Really enjoyed this, Ron! Your voice was great and the combination of chords and beautiful fingerpicking really works.

1 Like

Thank you Notter. I am really pleased you enjoyed it.
Cheers

1 Like

Socio thx for the link.
I will go and dive into it and see what I can learn.
This community is an awesome resource and a bunch of fun.
Cheers

Thank you Robert,
Glad you enjoyed it.
Cheers

Just beautiful… audio is so professional. I’m not ready for an audio interface and DAW, later.

1 Like

Thank you Darrell,
I like your suggestion re dry recording then adding.
I will take this on board.
Loving all this helpful feedback.
Cheers

Thank you Gordon,
Glad you enjoyed it.
What do you know? You know what sounds good to you. So I am taking on board all the great feedback I am getting so I can do even better productions.
Cheers

David I really appreciate your words of wisdom.
I agree a full set of song after song with the fx I used would be tiresome to those listening. When I have performed in the past pre the big C, I tend to do exactly as you suggested to keep the acoustic sound more natural. When I am recording I am more prone to add stuff. It’s the engineer in me…can’t stop fiddling :rofl::joy::rofl:
Thank also for you kind words re the performance.
Cheers

Thank you Mal. I am really pleased you enjoyed it.
Cheers

Thank you Rich,
Just keep at it and it will come.
I have, now that I am retired, had the time for lots of practice.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi Digger,
Appreciate your encouraging feedback.
Cheers

Thank you Mike,
Never thought about the title….your right…it could be taken the way you said :joy::rofl:
Glad you enjoyed it.
Cheers

Thank you so much Mark :smiley:

Thank you Toby,
Really appreciate the encouragement and your comments.
You asked…
“Are you running the finished track through different speakers/headphones ?”
Yes I am. I listen through my headphones initially, mix, then my EarPods, mix again, then iPad Pro speakers, then maybe tweek. They are all so different as you know.
Cheers

1 Like

Thank you Bob,
It us a style of playing I am using more and more now that I have improved.
I like the feel of it (finger pick, strum) as I play.
Cheers

Thank you Sandy,
The setup I am using is not too complicated.
I am not using a DAW but a combination of “outboard” effects from my acoustic amp and pedals, with an App on my iPad Pro called “Impact” developed by Focusrite. Very easy to use with a scarlet 2i2.
Cheers

1 Like

Really good Ron, you’re highly skilled. I think David asked about if you play live? I’m super curious about that as well. I think you said you’re NSW? I reckon you’d get quite a crowd busking/performing at a market.

1 Like