RonG - July 2022 - Green Day, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Neil Young & more

Great to hear from you. Thank you for your feedback and I am so pleased you enjoyed it.
Cheers
Ron

Wow, really enjoyed.

1 Like

Sweet sounds drifting through my speakers, so thanks you Ron.

Another well played and sung song. I didnā€™t think I knew it until you got to the chorus and then you had me singing along.

1 Like

Love this song, and thatā€™s a superb version you did there Ron!

1 Like

Thank you. I really appreciate the feedback.

Hi Stefan,
Glad you enjoyed and sung along with it :smile:.

Thank you. I appreciate your encouragement.

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Cracking post Ron. Really enjoyed listening to it. Your voice suited the song perfectly!

1 Like

Thank you Spencer. :smiley:

I appreciate the encouraging feedback.
Thank you Eddie.

Hey RonG! Man that was awesome! Good job and thanks! Looking forward to more!

1 Like

This is clearly not your first rodeo @RonG :smiley:
Very enjoyable!

Smooth playing on that wonderful guitar. Great rhythm and flow

@ all the rest; check out how decorating your A and D chords with Sus2/sus4 hammer-ons and pull offs instantly enriches your plain guitar parts

1 Like

Thank you Byron.

Thank you. No it us not my first video to the group.
I have recently uploaded a few.
All thanks to Justin getting me back to playing in my senior years.

1 Like

Hi Justineerā€™s
Well I have finally got a looper pedal. I bought the Boss RC-1 as it is simple no thrills. As I prepare for doing live gigs I thought I needed to learn how to use a Looper pedal as it seems to be part of the standard kit now.
It is quite daunting actually, and it takes some time to get the timing of each layer perfect. I have a lot of work to do before I would ever attempt to use it in a live gig but I would like some feedback and what you all think of my attempt at layering for the Neil Young 3 chord classic Helpless.
What sounds good, bad or even uglyā€¦lol
This video is warts and all. I stuffed up my attempt at a lead break and and near the end I tried to transition from looper to just guitar and I missed the double switching. So as I said warts and all :crazy_face:
Looking forward to some help on this as I move forward.
Cheers
Ron

16 Likes

Sounded good to my ears, Ron. If you had not pointed out the muffs, I would have not noticed and just assumed you wanted it that way.
Coming in on the ā€˜oneā€™ has been the frustrating bit for me, but you seem to have no trouble at all.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback.
It took quite a lot of practice to get the coming in on the ā€œoneā€ right.
I am no where near ready to try it live but thank you for your comments.
Cheers
Ron

Hi Ron,
your oldest video on your you-tube channel is already good enough for an open mic in an average bar around the worldā€¦
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Rogier,
Thank you sir. :grinning: