RonG - July 2022 - Green Day, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Neil Young & more

So I’m teaching you to suck eggs then :rofl: Yeah its a right pita to find a mix that works on all the available output possibilities these days. All you can hope for is a happy medium.
Keep the verb coming :wink:

Hi Ron,
Great song, good cover of it! Really liked your vox all the way through. Top notch stuff there. Play is good too… Just a nice production all the way around. Keep up the good vibe and all the best!

LB

1 Like

I have done some gigs at local Salvos stores when they hold a music festival day. Perform for about 2 hours each time. Also did an opening gig for a new store.
I have also done a couple of gigs at an over 50’s Lifestyle community, in their gardens. A couple of times I did a gig in the clubhouse. All went really well. then the big C hit. Since then just concentrating on my covers on my YouTube channel. Setting myself goals like posting 100 videos (currently at 45 I think) and increasing subscriber base so I can do a live stream from YouTube. Need 50 subscribers I think for that.
I am planning to look for a couple of OM at local folk clubs.
I am in Vic not NSW.
Cheers

2 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement. :smiley::+1:

Another great cover Ron. Beautifully played and sung. Your production is great.

1 Like

Haha @RonG . Thought that comment might get me some hate :rofl: :rofl: So yes it was very special for me to not only listen but to listen to the whole song.

1 Like

Thank you Stefan. :smiley:

Ron, I don’t routinely subscribe to YT channels but in case it does help with your live-stream aspiration, I’ve gone back and subscribed to yours.

I support and encourage your musical aspirations, and quite happy for you to promote that here in the Community being an active member (what we frown upon is people who sign-up solely to promote other channels without being active members)

2 Likes

Thank you David.
I really appreciate it.
I am enjoying hanging out in this community and offering the odd comment, feedback etc. I also appreciate all the feedback my videos have been getting.
Thx to your subscription I am at 49. One to go. Woohoo.
Thx mate :+1:

1 Like

Ron

On the case mate !

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

The big 50. Thank you Toby.
Are you guys interested if I advertise my first livestream within this community.
If you are, I can work out a suitable time. Could be fun or a total disaster from my end :joy::sweat_smile::rofl: but what a great learning curve.
Cheers

That will down to the mods Ron :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ron, quite OK for you to advertise your first Live Stream in the Community. You can create a Topic for it in #record-yourself-progress-performance:live-gigs and once done share a recording in the same Topic.

As for timing, may be tricky, depending on the day of the week. If done during the week then the time you’d be likely to stream for an Australian audience would be the middle of my work, ruling me out (others not stuck with a day job may able to join)

1 Like

Hi fellow Justineers,
I have really been appreciating the great feedback and encouragement I have been getting from this community. Truly is a great place to be.
I have just completed this latest cover. I have change my mix a fair bit to to take into account the fantastic suggestions I have received on my previous videos. So there is a heap less reverb on my guitar and vocals, also cut the chorus fx back and done some tweaking with compression. All and any feedback welcome.
I hope you like my version of this Rolling Stones Classic. And for those who commented about my last post…this is the other mob…not the Beatles :joy::rofl:
Cheers
Ron

12 Likes

Nailed it Ron. For this song the FX changes worked well, they were dialled back just right IMHO. Loved the vocal melodies, very well done on those.

Superb job sir !!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thx Toby. The feedback has been so helpful.

Unfortunately I think I might have added this to the wrong thread.
Can one of the moderators move it to the correct area or do I need to repost.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Extremely nice cover, Ron!

1 Like

That was excellent Ron. In my opinion you’ve got the fx just right on this one! :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Ron that was wonderful. Such a joy to watch you play and your voice is amazing. Great job. I just picked up my first guitar last September and have been following Justin’s lesson, so you are definitely an inspiration to me.

1 Like

Lovely rendition, Ron.

Not only am I a fan of The Mob over the other lot, this is also a favourite. I have had a crack once or twice but only play a simple strum a dum dum. Your accompaniment is first class.

I also like the mix.

And have updated the tagging.

1 Like