RonG - July 2022 - Green Day, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Neil Young & more

Hi Sylvie and welcome to the Community.

We all need some inspiration and Ron has been putting out some amazing covers in the last few weeks. Why not pop over to the Community Hub and tell us about your journey and how you have been getting on with Justin’s courses ?

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Excellent cover of a great song, a Keith one if not mistaken. Good vocal harmonies and some nice picking, sounded great.

1 Like

Very nice Ron, most enjoyable!

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Nice one! A great listen, thanks.

1 Like

Thank you Willsie. Glad you enjoyed it. :smiley:

Cheers Gordon. Great to hear that my mix and fx is getting better. :smiley:

Hi Sylvie,
Thank you for taking the time for your very first post to comment on my cover.
I have learnt a great deal from Justin’s videos. The man is an international treasure, and his teaching style is so spot on.
Stay with him and his lessons, keep practicing and playing songs you love and above all just keep enjoying playing guitar.
Looking forward to seeing you post a progress video. Everyone here is so encouraging.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Hi David,
Thx mate. And thank you for fixing up the tagging.
As I am more of a fan of the other lot :rofl:, do you have any suggestions for me to do a cover of the Mob? Also, thx for feedback on the mix.
Cheers
Ron

Thank you Mal. I really enjoyed playing this one. :+1::smiley:

Thank you Darrell. :+1::smiley:

1 Like

Thank you Leon. Glad you enjoyed it. :smiley:
Cheers

Sublime performance Ron - really was; the playing, the singing ( effects sounded great too!)
Honestly, that would shine on any stage in the world.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Ron, two that comes straight to mind are Angie and Wild Horses, both well suited to acoustic solo performance.

And then for something a little different perhaps Love In Vain. That’s a Robert Johnson cover by the Stones, not a Jagger/Richards original. I don’t make a habit of linking to my channel in other people’s topics. This production is a collaboration I produced with fellow Mod @Richard_close2u playing guitar and me adding a vocal accompaniment, which I think turned out well.

1 Like

Thank you David,
I have added Angie and Wild Horses to my “must learn” list.
When done I will post here.
I will check out the link you shared.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Wow thank you Shane.
That is indeed high praise.
I Love the mix and sound of it myself.
This group has been instrumental in me changing my mix.
Seems to be working.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

That was lovely. I’d forgotten what a great song that was. Tell me, Ron, how many takes do you do to nail it so perfectly? Please say it’s more than one!

1 Like

Hi Ron,
I enjoyed this one a great deal. I don’t think I have heard this song on the forum in my 13 some odd years here. If it has been done, I don’t recall it.

I think you did this really well. The Fx and all seem well positioned in the mix and set the vox and guitar tones up well. Nice production there. It all comes together and was well done, top to bottom!

Keep up the good vibe and all the best to you!
LB

1 Like

@LBro

LBro, FWIW I did it years back and then again in one of the Community OM but nowhere near as well as Ron delivers it. So not surprised you’ve managed to erase it from the memory :laughing:

1 Like

:rofl::joy::rofl:yes more than one.
I usually practice it through about 4 or 5 times.
Turn on the camera to record…go to pieces….stuff it up…delete….start again, and after about another 3 takes I get one I am happy with.
I get way more nervous doing these YouTube videos than I do live gigging. No idea why but at least I am in my own room when it all goes bad :rofl::joy::rofl:.
Thank you for your kind comments.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Thx Lbro.
So pleased the community seem to think I got this one right.
Cheers
Ron