Sandy's back. AKA Sandrat (Sandra T - not sand rat) from the old JG forum

I’ve created a Monster. A guitar monster!

For those who don’t know me, I’m a newbie. 15 months ago I found JustinGuitar and the rest is history. Presently, Beginner Grade 2, module 9 and 10. Preparing my next cover debuting the dreaded F Barre Chord.

So far I love the new look and feel of the forum. Already noticed a much needed improvement in being notified when someone answers me… neat.

Shortly, I’ll be posting a road case and my back catalogue of video recordings, in the meantime you can watch them on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9wC3_M2gWeJI7cPnSeILNQ

P.S. I’m fluently bilingual (French and English) from Montréal, so if you notice some weird turn of phrases you’ll know why.

11 Likes

Hi Sandra, good on you for landing here. You never were a rat in my eyes :laughing: I’m sure you’ll master the dreaded F barre. Remember it’s more about technique than strength. I can’t remember the details of modules 9 and 10, but I do know that this lesson was a game changer for me E Shape Major | JustinGuitar.com

Looking forward to your next recording, Sandra. You’ve made wonderful progress since joining and I look forward to following along as you continue.

“Sand Rat” … never noticed that one at all :laughing:

1 Like

Hi Sandra, good to see you over here! I have to admit that until I found out that you were female I did think Sand rat; silly me :joy:
Yup it’s a rather nice environment to be in now lots of things are so much easier! Have fun learning it all!

1 Like

At about the same stage as you and struggling with this one. Can just about get the chord with a bit of re-arrangement of the fingers but no chance of doing OMC’s or using it in a song. Prefer the cheats!

Hey Sandy good to see an official shout of your arrival here. :wave:

Nice intro and like DP said you are making good progress. If you slide into Franglaise (see I added the e !!) I should be able to follow. Despite 10 years here, my ears haven’t quite caught up with my vocabulaire Francaise. Guess I should add that’s 10 years in France, not the forum. :rofl:

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Now this looks like a job for me…
'Cause we need a little, controversy

A beguiling case of multiple personalities to unwrap.
A missive in English with French syntax? (other Madmen are available)
I believe I can lay claim to the first mention of Sand Rat in our old rodent-infested forum :wink:
Now it’s Sandy? As in “Look at me, I’m Sandra T…” Oh, Sandy! How could you?
Then it’s all warped up in a slim & shady title reference?
Hmm… or should I say Hmm & Hmm?
Well, Debbie or Sandy or whoever you are- Beware. I just settled all my lawsuits on the old forum :laughing:
(Yes, folks, some of the old drivel has slipped past security into this fine gated community)

Seriously, welcome aboard and look forward to your contributions :smiley:

1 Like

It’s only NOW that I read it as “rat” because you said it :smiley:
Welcome @SandyMusic !

1 Like

A bat and a rat … haha… I can get it to sound but switching from EM to F on the first fret is what I call torturous. E pentatonic, C major scale, alternate picking… lots of fun.

1 Like

Thanks David… I do plan to continue … nothing can stop me but God himself.

1 Like

My biggest problem is the quick enough transitions from other chords especially the EM on the first fret. Most of my covers are on the 4th fret. The cheats are good…practicing F cheat for John Lennon’s song: Imagine,…but there is no way around it… I absolutely need the barre chord…and I practice. and practice and practice… at night I don’t use the pick just my thumb and back and forth and back forth. Lord help me… I will get it.

1 Like

Good on you Sandy. Keep at it and suddenly it’ll just work!

Merci monsieur le fou - il se peut qu’à l’occasion j’utilise la mauvaise conjugaison d’un verbe en anglais, mais le principale c’est que vous comprenez. Bonne journée.

Toi aussi cher ami :canada: :st_martin:

1 Like

ROFL - God you are one funny man Brian. Channeling my shady side. It just happened that I was thinking, what am I gonna write as a catchy title? That’s when Stan from Eminem came on YouTube. I don’t know how I made the link, but my axons and synapses went into action, Stan … Sand… Sandy… then I remembered… Guess who’s back…Tell a friend, and my title was born. Haven’t listened to Em in a long time.

When I first became a member of the old Forum, a few people really thought my username was sand rat…I can’t remember who, maybe Brian, ah ah! I wasn’t offended, thought it was funny.

Sandy I am with Mr L when you first posted all I saw was Sand Rat, But I guess being of a certain age and brought with WWII images of the Desert Rats all I saw was

Desert
Rats

but thankfully you the posted your first AOVYP and normality returned. Ce n’est pas vrai ?

I spit out my tea. LOL

1 Like

But that’s nothing… as a kid in French school, a clever boy came up with this rhyme.

Sans drap, pas d’oreiller.
Without sheets and no pillows.

And it went viral.

Je recrache mon thé. Pourquoi !!! That may cause a stir with the Brits mais je comprends ce que tu dis!

Now that’s got me ? Peut-être que je n’irai pas là-bas tant les images sont un peu inquiétantes ?

1 Like