March 2023, #3 added on 19th: Tennessee Whiskey; Blues Improv in D; Take It Easy (solo)

Embarrassingly I don’t know this solo at all but I must say you played it really well, time spent on this lead play journey definitely is paying its dividends well done Shane!

1 Like

Sounds great, Shane, you look really relaxed moving around the neck pulling off those licks.

1 Like

Sounds great, fun song! What backing track or system are you using. I have been working on intro and chorus for months; its outside my beginner2 level 13 :). Keep Rocking. JIm

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the feedback.
The BT is just a solo BT off Youtube, imported into my DAW, then routed, along with the guitar/ amp output, into OBS ( video program) for filming.
Its an existing template I’ve set up, and use it for all my recording.
Soundwise, I use S-Gear amp sim suite , by Scuffham Amps. Awesome bit of software, and inexpensive.

Cheers, Shane

Blues improv in D. Slower tempo this time. Seems like I’ve been playing upbeat stuff for a while, trying get that accuracy at speed. This ones more about holding the notes more. Trying to approach this one more with the mindset related by Justin in his Take It Easy solo lesson above. ie just follow the chords, and play some licks, rather than just the scales, triad shapes, framework etc. It all seem to come out anyway, so that tells me it must starting to sink into the subconscious, which is encouraging.

Cheers, Shane

12 Likes

Shane, you’ve reached ‘cat’ status for sure :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Shane,
You are good busy on/ at the (cross)roads :sunglasses: :clap:
Keep on going :smiley:
Greetings

1 Like

Ha Roger! Am learning Crossroads at the moment :nerd_face:.

1 Like

Awesome feel Shane! Is that one of Quist’s backing tracks?

Thanks Phil.
Yeah mate, its a Quist track. Got it in one

Cheers, Shane.

They’re a great free resource of backing tracks. You just have to chop the first bit off where he does a play-through! “Elevated Jam Tracks” is another great youtube jam track channel.

1 Like

Great job with the Take it easy solo Shane and your blues improv was super laid back and sounding sweet. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Really excellent playing on both videos! Your playing never ceases to inspire me, keep on posting awesome videos.

Nice improv Shane.

I’m curious what cat status is though. Can’t be as good as dog status :joy:. Better than rat!

Smoooooooth, nice work Shane!

I thought it was something to do with being, one cool cat daddy. :smiley:

1 Like

Indeed piping hot play there Shane playing some cools blues.

I especially some of the variety in attack with the pick, thouse ‘short, stabbed notes’. Also gave you a good opportunity to work the vibrato, which was sounding good.

Lovely slow blues tone dialled in.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Well played Shane, you ‘owned’ this, really in the groove; and one could hear your ‘player personality’ coming through too. :sunglasses: