Sharing a recording of ‘Losing my religion’ by R.E.M

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this recording :slightly_smiling_face:
I watched justin Sandercoe’s tutorial on ‘Losing My Religion’ where he mentions at the end that he would like us to share our cover of this song :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Hi Laurent, and welcome.
That was excellent. I really enjoyed the guitar playing with all the little melody notes and bass lines. Very well done, and very nice groove.
The singing was very good, too.
I don’t know if you are looking for feedback on the recording itself, too, but here are a few thing that came to my mind:
This setup - using the internal pickup in the guitar and singing into a dynamic microphone held close to the mouth - gives it a very “live performance” sound and feel.
If you want a more “studio recording” sound, I think mic’ing up the guitar and singing with a bit more distance to the microphone could make a difference.

1 Like

Laurent

Excellent rendition of a great song. I liked the ‘live’ nature of the recording: the guitar accompaniment was well played and the sound balanced well with the singer. Enjoyed it.

Brian

1 Like

Real good!
I enjoyed that.
I wouldn’t change anything about that at all.

Can you describe how you folks recorded that.
It appears that vocal mic and guitar are plugged into a mixer, then off to the speakers behind you (I assume)?
How are ya recording it? Via live mic that we can see? or mixer to daw? or is there a interface in there somewhere in the recording chain?
However ya recorded it. It came out good and with good balance between vocal and guitar. The guitar tones came across real well too. Looks like a real nice guitar ya got there too. :wink:
I’m down with the individual notes mixed into the guitar part too. It’s how I try to play too. :slight_smile: (least I think it is)

A fun Rendition!
Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Loved this!

1 Like

Enjoyed this, guitar really gets the REM groove, and nice singing.
Just suggested to my wife that she might like to join me on an AVOYP but she firmly declined!
Richard

1 Like

Lovely rendition, both guitar and vocal, Laurent. You appear to be quite accomplished musicians. I suggest you provide a little more context that would shape thoughts. You can also introduce yourself to the Community by posting an intro here Introduce yourself ... Share some guitar history, personal history and musical aspirations as a student of Justin.

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing debut Laurent! Really loved that.

1 Like

Very nice cover, really enjoyed listening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very cool video, you guys sound great. What a great tune tune also. Nice set up as well. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I enjoyed that very much Laurent. Both vocals and guitar were very good and I enjoyed the dynamics and embellishments in your playing.
Thanks for sharing :clap: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was very nicely done!

1 Like