She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals

Gordon

Not heard that one for a long time. Liked your performance: very lively guitar and good delivery of the lyric.

Brian

1 Like

Nice one Gordon. You took me right back with that one. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That was great! That song came out when I was a young kid and I heard it a lot, so it’s etched into my brain.

It’s amazing how many mega-hits are 4 chords repeated for the whole song.

I enjoyed your rendition there Gordon, particularly liked the chord hammer. It added some syncopation.

1 Like

Hey Gordon
I thoroughly enjoyed this :clap: Thanks for sharing :smiley:

I vote for this too, please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gordon, you did a fine job. Once again my take away from your offerings is that solid rhythm will take you far.

1 Like

Nice one Gordon , great interpretation on guitar :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Hi Gordon, I don’t know the original so I can’t compare…I’ll just say this one of yours sounded great…you have such good Rhythm! And you sing very well too Sir! Bravo! :blush:

1 Like

Like it Gordon, talk about taking a song and make it your own!! You’ve given that an Eagle Eye Cherry feel to it whichis certainly ot a bad thing at all!!
Bravo sir :slight_smile: :clap:

1 Like

Hi Gordon, you made it your own and at the same time instantly recognizable. A nice use of embellishments and dynamics. The only thing that was missing was that trade mark smile at the end, I think you cut the video too soon.

I was thinking more on the lines of Scooby Snacks by the Fun Lovin’ Criminals :smiley:

1 Like

Great job making this your own Gordon, I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

@DavidP @MAT1953
Thanks guys. Yes I too have the cd somewhere but haven’t listened to it for years. Aha you’ve still got an iPod Michael, there can’t be many of us left. I ripped all my cds to mp3 many years ago and they’re all on my iPod which I play in the car. It’s no use in the house as everything is wireless and Bluetooth and I stream my music now.
Glad you enjoyed the song.

1 Like

Thanks for listening Brian. Glad you enjoyed my version.

I actually listened to that track for the first time in years in the car today. It’s a great song and the guitar would be doable I think but the vocal would be much too difficult.
There is a version of Elvis’ Suspicious Minds on the album that might be more achievable. :joy:

Thanks for the listen and support and keep those songs with the ‘props’ coming. They are always very enjoyable and great fun.

1 Like

I haven’t heard that song in I don’t know how many years, but I sure heard it a lot back in the day! I heard them singing live on a talk show once and omg they massacred it. It could be a tough one to sing live!! You on the other hand have created a really nice cover, great guitar variation and great singing too! I always look forward to your one take covers, you’re definitely the guy I want to sit next to at the campfire :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks Lisa I’m glad you enjoyed my version of the song. And coming from an OM debutant who sang and played her own original song makes it especially pleasing! :smiley:
I’ve said it many times before, but if I was to try for the ‘perfect’ take I’d never post anything.

1 Like

@crocodile1 @beejay56 @Eddie_09
Thanks so much for the listen and encouragement guys, it’s much appreciated.
@Avalon426
Thanks Jasmine but if you read my reply to Brian you’ll see that I think the vocal would be beyond me. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks JK. I think this one is a bit unusual as it doesn’t have a bridge with a different progression so the whole thing from beginning to end is the same progression.
(I now await an avalanche of posts quoting examples! :grinning:).
Thanks for taking time to listen and comment, always appreciated.

1 Like

Gordon @sairfingers
Snap, CD’s to iPod, iPod in car, streaming music in the house.
Michael

1 Like

Gordon. This was amazing. This was my favorite song in 1990. I thought about trying this one or their song “Good Things” long live FYC- loved it!!

1 Like

@ChasetheDream @MadModMcd @SILVIA
Thank you so much for the supportive comments. You’ve mentioned rhythm and interpretation. You’re right. Keeping the rhythm going in this song was key. The repetitive chord sequence can be ignored if the rhythm is kept going. Which is weird as you would think repetition and rhythm are the same.

1 Like

@Notter Thanks Mark. You guys bring up all these artists I don’t know. I’ve just looked up eagle eye cherry and I hear what you mean. FYC might not agree! Thanks for the support and the listen.

Hi James. Haha yes. I was messing around with the song thinking it would be a good learning log post …. chord progression, rhythm etc. Then I thought I would record it to hear what it sounded like and…… that’s not bad I’ll post it. Unfortunately I was concentrating and not smiling. :woozy_face::smiley:

Edit : Just looked up Skooby Snacks. I don’t think so. :joy:

1 Like