She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals

Mission accomplished! Well done, Gordon. Nothing like a playa, an acoustic guitar and a sense of stylized groove. Dig it!

1 Like

@TheCluelessLuthier
Thanks Mark, Iā€™m pleased you enjoyed the song.

Too bad thereā€™s that big old ocean in the way Mari. Wouldnā€™t it be great if all the Community regulars could get together for a jam session and BBQ. :smiley:
Glad you enjoyed my take on the song. Thanks for the listen and support.

@SDKissFan
Thanks Jeff, Iā€™m pleased Iā€™ve done one of your favourites.

1 Like

I like that idea. The first open mic I did last year included a barbecue with friends at the beach. That would be a wonderful idea if we werenā€™t so far away. Good food, good music , and sharing laughs with friends.

1 Like

Hello Gordon, what a surprise, hearing a cover version of this song from you :smiley:. I havenā€™t expected that.
And Iā€™m so glad, that youā€™ve made it your own as I canā€™t stand the original. But your version is very nice. I especially like the variation of the strumming patterns and the percussive hits.

Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Thanks Clint. My work here is done. :grin:
It was your post in the topic about chord progressions and of course your ā€œfind your own soundā€ mantra that led to this song.

Youā€™re right Nicole, not my normal type of song. Just goes to show any song can be played a different way, although as I said earlier, I think itā€™s wise to stay close to the original melody when itā€™s a well known song.
Glad you enjoyed my version and thanks for taking time to listen and comment.

1 Like

Yeah, nice one again Gordon. Very enjoyable. I knew it was gonna be cool before I listened to it.
You always bring it. Some good memories there for me too.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Well, you took the idea and ran with it! Your applause is well deserved. :clap:

1 Like

Wow,
I thought I had taken this one in and had notā€¦ Almost passed me by due to that one!

Sounds like you got a drum beat going in the background to get you started tempo wise?

I enjoyed this and maybe it is one of the better ones I have heard you do. Good job, good play and vox. I like the emphasis you are putting on some of the chords! Nice song too, that I have not heard prior. Thanks for sharing it!

All the best!
LB

1 Like

@sclay
Thanks a lot Shane. Much appreciated.

No drum beat LB, just my foot tapping on the floor. The vibration was probably travelling up my music stand where my phone was balanced. :smiley:
Thanks for the listen and support.

Thatā€™s me, Gordon. And if I do listen to music at home then I have a speaker that I plug the iPod into. And mostly that is when peope are around and need some music playing.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good time to bring out the guitar :wink:

1 Like

Nobody really that interested in music, let alone my efforts. Letā€™s face it, canā€™t compete with Start Me Up :rofl:

2 Likes

@DavidP @Socio @MAT1953
The whole thing does seem very unfair to artists but great for the consumer. I used to buy LPs/CDs regularly and now I have access to almost every song ever written for a monthly fee thatā€™s less than the price of one CD.

3 Likes

A very enjoyable listen, Gordon!! Iā€™ve got to say that itā€™s been fun for me watching your progress over the years. You almost cut your ever-present signature smile at the end. Careful. Really nice playing, vox and mix.

1 Like

Thanks Dave. Iā€™m pleased youā€™ve seen some progress over the years.
Yes Iā€™m afraid my video editing skills are very basic. :smiley:
Thanks so much for taking time to listen and comment.

Catching up on some AVOYPs as been a bit recently. Cherry picking as there seems to have been an abundance recently. So as this one intrigued me I just had to listen !

Well what a jolly old romp it turned out to be, especially as a OTW. Ages since I heard FYC so this made a refreshing changed. one man and his guitar. Worked really well. Thanks for sharing Gordon !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Toby, I appreciate the listen and support. No, not my usual genre but a fun one to play and keep interesting despite the repetitive chord progression.

1 Like