She Talks to Angels (Collab with The Madman)

I think LB was suggesting using the drone footage with Mari & The Madman as background music. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I think @LBro is perhaps suggesting you make a video not just an audio.
ps
no probs re: moving drone related posts.

1 Like

Ah yes, that makes sense!

…And then along comes Mari (and the Madman)! I’m not a huge fan of straight up covers, but you both did this one justice. Not a note out of place (to speak of) and the Madman vocals give plenty of soul and nuance to make it fresh and interesting. Well done you two, hats of in a big way. Loved it!

2 Likes

Almost awake on this end, unlike at the time of the post in question. Many times I come in when I can’t sleep or am tired…

Indeed, as I never heard of the “Whitefish” back by the big pond! Could have and did fool Bro.
:cry:

Yep, I missed this one… Plain and simple…

No, Mari had it right and really, there was no need to move your post. The mistake was mine and most others were likely on board with what it really was.

Hopefully all is sorted now… I suppose I can plead the case that the music was so good, that I was spellbound by it.

All the rock’n best,
LB

Actually @LBro I’m quite happy that Richard made a separate post in Just Chatting for drone flights, i hope to see lots of posts there!

Agree on a drone thread or area. But I just meant for my sake or others confusion wise as I was asleep at the wheel!
:confounded:
LB

1 Like

Mari and Toby, what a wonderful recording. Great vocal and playing. Loved the way the guitar sound was produced. What was the plugin? Not that it will mean much to me! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you John,

After Mari recorded it on the Martin, Krista added Waves CLA Unplugged and used a pre-set called Hot Desert, which is great “out of the box” but they tweaked some of the settings to get the end result they wanted. Sounded great so I did not have to do anything to it at all, when I did the mix bar what I have said to @adi_mrok back in the thread somewhere. Thanks for listening :sunglasses:

Thanks @Willsie01 . It doesn’t mean much to me either, and I was there!! Lol I’m happy to sit beside Krista while she fusses with a ‘preset’ on CLA Unplugged. If it’s ever up to me I would just cycle through all the presets until I land on one I think sounds better than not. I’m not a big fan of figuring out all the intricacies of recordings, but the CLA plugins really do make a difference.

3 Likes

That was enjoyable. Great collaboration, thought the guitar and vocals were first class, especially as Toby hasn’t long been singing. Great way to start the new year.

2 Likes

One of the greatest songs of all time! Thank you for sharing it! I have nothing smart to say in terms of constructive criticism apart from the fact that I find this song a very hard to stay in time without getting carried away. Well done!

2 Likes

Thanks @skinnyt and @glpguitar .

Definitely agree with that!

1 Like

That sounded really good. If I could give three hearts, one for each of you I would.

More of that collab for sure!

2 Likes

Thanks @Endureth . @TheMadman_tobyjenner and I are the collaborators, but Krista did play a role in the sound on my guitar! Hopefully Krista and I will have another collab up in the next several days :smiley:

1 Like

That was superb. The guitar sounds lovely and nice vocals too. Well done all of you.

2 Likes