SILENT NIGHT classic

Loves how you played that. The mix of plucking and strumming. Great sound. Very Christmas-y background as well. Got me in the spirit :blush:.
Merry Christmas.

1 Like

Acoustic and electric were both very lovely, and I enjoyed them both! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family :heart::christmas_tree:

1 Like

Hi Jasmine @Avalon426
:smile: :see_no_evil:

Yes, we really enjoy the garden that is becoming increasingly wild/mature every year and now it`s packed :smile:… unfortunately this is at the expense of the annual summer bloomers, but that is good for the insects (because a lot of poison is used here in flower cultivation realy a lot :cry:)… and I compensate for the shortage of extra colorful flowers in the garden with a lot of sunflowers that I grow myself. :sunglasses: …and that sometimes results in swarms of distelvink birds and so much bluebirds and great tits (that’s strange and google shows more bare/bikini breasts than birds, but apparently that’s what those birds are called???)…
Greetings

Hi Gordon @sairfingers
Thank you very much ,
thanks for listening and glad I could get you into the Christmas mood :sunglasses:

:grin: Shared sorrow is half sorrow …I blame this on Brian @Brianlarsen , he destroyed me a bit :roll_eyes:
Greetings

2 Likes

Nicole @NicoleKKB hey Nicole :wave:Dear Nicole,

What is your attitude towards adoption? always wanted to have a 50-year-old new (but with minor damage) son? shared parenthood with Andrea perhaps? :roll_eyes:

Ooooo my god, this is the view from your veranda :scream: :heart_eyes:

I’ve just been watching it for a while with my wife who is off work today and we were fantasizing out loud together that this is really one of the few dreams we have to maybe one day go for something like this…unbelievable to say so from you to be able to look out from the veranda…I am very jealous right now, without begrudging it…the opposite even of begrudging, I found it great for you :sunglasses:
Thank you very much for the photo…

O, and thanks for your comment too :grin:
I really appreciate that :blush:

Greetings mom uh from me

:angel:

3 Likes

The reason why I’m answering in several posts is because I’m currently having a lot of disruptions here and I’m afraid that all that chatter will be gone before posting :grimacing:…I actually have to do a major update.

Hi Phil @twistor59
Thank you very much for listening and your comment :sunglasses: and how funny to read that if there is a preference it is for the electric one ,

and

Help me ,I’m trying to figure out where you see my amp looking and looking :grimacing:…and now that I’m typing this, you probably mean that big black thing behind me :see_no_evil:

Greetings,

Hi Mike @MiJoy
Thank you very much for stopping by and listening :sunglasses:, great that the Christmas spirit is being stirred up here
Greetings

Hi Mari @Mari63
Thank you very much :heart:
I hope it will be good days for you too. Your cheerful typing a while ago(yippee for the painkillers or something like that) in combination with our previous conversations have thrown me off balance a bit… :mending_heart:

Greetings

1 Like

Haha, yeah, you know when you hear people say “wow man, that amp’s COOKIN’” :rofl:

3 Likes

:see_no_evil:

rofl

A post was merged into an existing topic: Motivation & Inspiration #2 | Making songs your own

Hi Lieven @LievenDV
Thank you for your comment :sunglasses:

What I said to the other two of your colleagues also applies to you (although you can be more direct and that1s what we really need too :sweat_smile:(well…I do :grin:))

All the best :blush: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t understand how this one slipped under my radar, especially as I have actually been around the last couple of days… :roll_eyes:
Before I get distracted, the important bit first:
We’re spoilt to see you play not one, but two versions of Stille Nacht .
Both lovely and well-played, with final flourishes, smiles and good wishes for the finale.
Thank you and Bravo! :clap: :clap: :clap: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet:
The electric won the day for me.

Of course the first thing I did :laughing:
How disappointing to find it’s only a thumbnail.
Please give my regards to your :innocent: wife
The next thing was to check out what’s on top of your tree. Relief and disappointment in equal measure.
Ah no- it surfaces later in the thread :roll_eyes:
The only saving grace that it is the Evelyn, Evelyn version, as opposed to the slightly more disturbing Rocky Horror Show…
Regarding the Christmas/holiday spirit and general bonhomie overflowing on the forum- we get out what we put in :wink: Suffice to say the feeling is mutual and I will enjoy it as long as it lasts.
Merry Christmas to all, or whatever your choice good of wishes happens to be.
Looking forward to next year already :smiley:

2 Likes

Really nice playing, very enjoyable.
Have a great Christmas :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Oh Rogier, that was lovely - both versions! I’ve been working on that very arrangement for2.5 weeks now…wish I could come close to your smoothness. Maybe next year!

Happy holidays to you and yours!

1 Like

Hello Rogier :grinning:

Just found your beautiful performances of “Silent Night”
Both are soooo lovely and beautifully played :christmas_tree:
Thanks for sharing these gems and putting me into a festive Christmas mood.

And thank you for your kind words and wishes - especially for all the people who have lost a loved one and will find this festive time of the year quite difficult :mending_heart:
Music helps a lot, and your beautiful performances certainly cheered me up :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a very merry Christmas and a joyful festive season full of love, laughter and music :musical_note: :guitar:
All the very best to you, your wife and your snow-cat :snowflake:

Cheers
Gunhild :lady_beetle:

PS: Your Christmas tree is lovely :christmas_tree: Did I even spot some guitars there? :grin:

3 Likes

Merry Christmas Rogier to you & your family!!!

As always, thank you for posting the lovely video of your playing! I enjoyed hearing Silent Night on both guitars but slightly prefer the electric version! My wife & I wish you & yours a Beautiful Christmas season with the best of the New Year to come!!!

:christmas_tree:

Tod

2 Likes

Nice job @roger_holland !! I really enjoyed your take on the tune, and I thought that the electric version sounded fantastic! Happy holidays to you and yours!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas Rogier!
All the best to you and your family!

Ps
I liked the version on the electric better.

1 Like

Lovely recordings Rogier, smooth and sweet playing, I enjoyed both renditions! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I"m among those who don’t care much about Christmas, not being actually religious but I find these classic carols about Jesus’ birth actually the sweetest! I wish you and your Lady a joyful Holydays time​:christmas_tree::gift::heart:

2 Likes

@roger_holland
Thank you, Rogier, for such a wonderful Christmas post!
Very kind and right words.
And great finger style, bravo!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Leo

3 Likes

Gooood morning :smiley: :blush: :sunglasses:

1 day off from laptop (I can’t type on the phone :dizzy_face:) and I didn’t read this here yesterday and then I wake up and start with @brianlarsen :smiley: Thanks :blush:

you crazy rebel :rofl:

I wanted to use those words after clicking on her I just appeared :grin:

Believe me when I say that since your star at the top, I have not seen a house, restaurant or square or a Christmas tree on any occasion and I always look at the top and think of you… no exceptions :see_no_evil: … and I always smile hard then :smiley: :smile:
Thanks for that and all your words …

She is reading this thread this afternoon because she already “knows” some of you, there are several women here (and some man) who receive more flowers/hearts and smiles than she receives, she sometimes “complains” :joy:
I said “nice to read all those lovely people” :sunglasses: So all wishes come true to her,
Greetings :sunflower:

Hi Alan @alan_1970
Thank you very much for listening and your comment :sunglasses:
Greetings :christmas_tree:

Hi Judi @judi
Thank you very much and I wish you the power you need to hit it :smiley: :sunglasses:

Even without a somewhat extensive experience with chords like at the end (before the show-offs :smile:) and the pinkie stretch (for me), 2.5 weeks of practice is very short…if I were to spread my many hours throughout the day over the “average” time that “normal” people :roll_eyes: have, Pffff … :blush:
Greetings :sunflower:

Hi Gunhild @Gunhild
Thank you very much and happy to read you enjoy this time ,and yes, as you get older you increasingly see someone who is having a slightly harder time than normal these days because so many people expect it all to be cheerful…and many have to deal with family obligations that…beeep :speak_no_evil:

And to think that for the first 6 (?) years that cat didn’t come outside if it even threatened to rain, and now when it rains she goes outside to get wet paws to run and slide inside the house :laughing: :see_no_evil:… the same as with snow, but that almost never happens here…
Greetings :christmas_tree: :sunflower:

Hi Tod @CATMAN62
Thank you very much for the listening and comment :blush: :sunglasses:
I’m also looking forward to the New Year with everyone and guitars :smiley: :sunglasses:

Hi Travis @Traveler
Thanks very much for listening and your comment …wish you also a lot of performances :sunglasses: :christmas_tree:
Greetings

Hi Lefteris @Lefteris
Thank you very much :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Silvia @SILVIA
Thank you very much :blush:
And lo and behold, I found the Scrooge lady :laughing:
I’ll tell you honestly that for a long time I loved it (until 22 years ago) then it became sad for a while…then I hated it for a while and over the last few years (4)I think it’s okay again to pleasant with some nasty edges… here in our own house and with the people on the computer :smile: we really enjoy it :sunglasses:
Another 5 days and then we have had the shortest day again…Christmas is almost behind us and we are almost playing in the New Year …And I expect you to remain my smile in the New Year :smiley: :sunglasses: :blush: :sunflower:
Greetings

Hi Leo @crocodile1
Thank you very much for your comment :smiley: :sunglasses:
That means a lot to me, thanks :sunflower:
Greetings

1 Like