SILENT NIGHT classic

Hello everyone ,

My wife and I “WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS”

Don`t click the photo (must be video but???) and try to suppress your disappointment because you won’t get to see her again but me below here :joy:

Oh, this must be the thumbnail but I can’t change it at the moment

I would like to thank everyone for another incredibly wonderful guitar year and thank you also on behalf of my wife for that . :sunglasses: :clap: :man_bowing: (I have problems with ‘the tumbnail’ but she has to appear there instead of the cat :smiley:)

It still feels like guitar heaven here and every day is almost a party for me … “If it is too good to be true, well then it’s not true” you often hear (funnily enough also here) , but I say then often “well there is a place where that really doesn’t apply, Justinguitar” how many times have I said that :speak_no_evil: .

This recording is certainly not the best because it won’t be released until next year :roll_eyes:… but since it is a seasonal song and after about 10 days of practice (in between weeks) I will stick my ears out if I hear myself play this again, my limit has been reached … I am also in the worst place in the room/kitchen in terms of recording …I spent about an hour trying to record with the acoustic version…so recording take numberrr??? count yourself :roll_eyes: :sweat_smile:
I’m getting used to the acoustasonic a little more, but I still have a long way to go.

For all the people who don’t have anything with Christmas, I say…good luck, it’s almost
January :grin:

For all the people who have lost a loved one this year (or who are still suffering from previous loss), I say from the bottom of my heart “I wish you a lot of strength in this time” it is not easy when almost everyone around you is cheerful and expect you to bounce around a bit happily too…but I hope you find this sentence useful, I think it’s beautiful…
:mending_heart:
GRIEF IS LOVE THAT HAS NO HOME TO LIVE IN.
:mending_heart:

:partying_face:And for everyone who loves Christmas and everything surrounding it, we say “Merry Christmas and/or holiday and enjoy to the fullest” :evergreen_tree: :mrs_claus: :santa: :partying_face:

I thought I would say more, but looking at it all, it’s enough. :roll_eyes: :grin: :wave:

Greetings,Rogier

37 Likes

This time not really intended as a comparison, but please feel free to comment of course, never hold back with me :grin:… but this video has to be posted because after days of toiling on the acoustasonic (although this is the first song that has been in my head after the first day practice and I no longer needed Justin or the tabs for that …a real milestone for me :sunglasses: :sweat_smile:)

But today I realized that I had not yet tried this song on the electric guitar… So I picked up the guitar, had to get used to the thin strings and after fifteen minutes of practice I decided to record a video with it. I thought it went…this was attempt 2 :sunglasses:

Hopefully it gives a little bit of an idea of ​​where I am now and next year I will look back on it with a big smile and play smoothly, HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS’ because I didn’t get around to that… Well, how could that happen? :roll_eyes:

Greetings and I hope that you are doing and continuing to do as well as possible :green_heart:
Rogier

22 Likes

Merry Christmas Rogier and to your good, lady wife and your cat as well. I hope you all have a fantastic festive season. :santa: :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:

They were both very good versions but I think I preferred the electric version. Nice work on the rolling chords too, not easy to do.

The only thing for me is I thought it a little fast but then there is nothing wrong with jazzing up Christmas.

2 Likes

Fijne kerst Rogier. Ik wens jou en je gezondheid en geluk. Bonne Noel, zoals de mensen hier ongeveer zeggen. Geef Google de schuld als dat onzin is.
:sunglasses: :santa: :sunglasses:
:peanuts: :peanuts: :peanuts: = :guitar: :metal:

3 Likes

Fabulous playing Rogier!
I would like to wish both you and your wife a very happy Christmas and a wonderful new year ahead! You are a true gentleman and add so much to this community! It wouldn’t be the same here without you!!!

3 Likes

Hello Rogier, thanks a lot for these two recordings (really well played :smiley:) and your heart warming words :hugs:.

Yes, this community is a wonderful place. But it is such a wonderful place thanks to wonderful people like you.
(Oh, there are quite a bit of wonderfuls :sweat_smile::grin::innocent:.)

I wish you and your wife Merry Christmas. Have a joyful and stressfree time :christmas_tree::snowman::snowflake:.

Ah, and before I forget to mention it, what a beautiful setting in the kitchen. I love the little guitar on the tree :star_struck:.

3 Likes

Hi Roger,
Nicely done and sounded great on this end! Sound to me was fine! Now, how about that vocal? :smiley:

All the best holidays to you,
LB

1 Like

Merry Xmas to you and thank you, for both version, very lovely. I like both but each instrument has it’s own style of sound.

Enjoy your holliday.

R

1 Like

Good morning Rogier :coffee:! Two lovely recordings, making me happy and a bit jealous at the same time :slightly_smiling_face:. I’m working on the same piece too since … much longer than it should take, but still not up to speed and time runs out :flushed:
But nice you show me how it should be!
Nicely played :+1: and fine rolling chords. Do you have singing on your agenda too? Can’t wait…
Thanks for the good season greetings! Did I already tell you, that you are a very special person? I know, I did, what would the community be without you? You are a light of hope in this crazy world, thanks for that!
I wish you and your wife all the very best. Have a very nice christmas and hopefully some beautiful days together with family and friends :hibiscus:!

3 Likes

Good morning dear people,
You have put the blushes on my cheeks :blush: :sunglasses:

Thank you very much Stefan @SgtColon

The The season starts today :partying_face:, this afternoon we went to the pub that my wife and her associate also own (that sounds strange), they had them built in the company intended for after seminars that a previous boss wanted to give … and now we apparently own a pub, I will hopefully take pictures … certainly fun for Dutch people of my age who once went on pub crawls in Amersfoort because of a special attribute …

As far as the speed is concerned, I agree with you that it could be a bit slower, if only that all that hard work is no longer seen so quickly it`s over :roll_eyes:, but it is the speed that Justin plays and that was/is now in my head pounded.
Greetings

:laughing: Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner
Almost good, but a 10 for the effort :sunglasses:
Thank you very much
Greetings

Hi Eddie, @Eddie_09
Thank you very much , and the blush is back :blush:

Hi Nicole @NicoleKKB
Thank you so very much :blush: and yes there are a lot …you too :wink:

Unfortunately not entirely through a mandatory day :grimacing:…but we will get through it together.
Thanks for naming the setting… I’m not going to get a more Christmassy atmosphere next to the tree than this :grin: … and there are 2 guitars hanging in the tree this year…I’ll take the picture in a moment.
Greetings

Hi LBro @LBro
Thank you verrrrrr …what???

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Yes yes

:laughing:

Thank you LBro :smile:
and it is certainly something that is starting to itch more and more, but it will be a long road because at the moment I cannot tolerate my own singing voice … I once sang a “song” for Brian without practice and shame and that’s it for the time being, but since I can play along with almost every song that I sometimes randomly pass by after a lesson on YouTube as far as chords are concerned, it would be a shame if I don’t even try a little and who knows, maybe something will come of it. back from my golden throat of the past… wow what a long story :grimacing:
Greetings

4 Likes

Best wishes to you and all your loved one’s Rogier. :slight_smile:
:christmas_tree:

1 Like

Hi Rachel @Libitina
Thank you very much, :blush: :sunglasses:
I just had some computer malfunction… restarted everything and came back to YouTube and assessed all the sounds with fresh ears… and I completely agree with you… and today slight very slight preference even for the electric guitar :smiley:
Greetings

Good morning for you too Andrea @Helen0609 . :tea: here now
Thank you very much ,and I often think back to your snow photo :scream: :sunglasses:
in terms of difficulty of some parts (2 for me) this was really not an easy song, and it took me more like 11 than 10 days and when I say day I often mean a day :smile: …2 or 3 times for 45 minutes in the morning, then 3 or 4 times for half an hour or so in the afternoon…
I haven’t kept track of time for a long time, but that’s certainly what it comes down to, at least.

I covered that in the post before :grimacing:

Don’t wait for it with your bottom in the snow :laughing:

And :blush: :blush: You need other people to help me do what I do …so thank you to all of you :sunglasses:

Greetings :lotus:

Hi Richard @Richard_close2u
Thank you very much again this year as an important backbone of this site :man_bowing: and simply as you :sunglasses:
Greetings

3 Likes

Wishing you and your wife a blessed Christmas and Festive Season, Rogier.

Your rendition on both instruments sounded good to me.

1 Like

Hi David @DavidP
Thank you very much :blush:

And the same thing applies to you as what I said to Richard… in addition to your busy life, keeping so many of us in line and your enormous positivity are an example to me from which I still have something to learn. :man_bowing: :sunglasses:

Glad you liked the sound ,you know that’s difficult for me :grimacing:…to hear sometimes and to adjust is almost impossible, although I have finally found a way to adjust the bass and treble…and now that I’m getting a boss equalizer next week :see_no_evil:

Greetings.

And Nicole @NicoleKKB Here I’ll spare you the hassle of zooming in :smile:

This is a photo just taken … this is the place where I sit all the time listening and chatting with you … then you understand that I can be quite satisfied … no mountains, no snow like Andrea @Helen0609 so I click just occasionally look at her photo and then imagine myself being pulled behind her on a sled :smiley: :sunglasses: :smile:

5 Likes

Merry Christmas Rogier! to you and your wife and your cat too. Hope you all have a happy and safe festive season :christmas_tree: :santa: :snowflake:

I agree :100: This is an amazing community with a lot of wonderful people like you but wouldn’t be the same around here without you :smiling_face:

I love both versions of the song, maybe leaning slightly more toward the electric too, it sounded a little brighter. Thank you for sharing them and also your sweet words! :hugs:

Also love all your decorations and the view from your window and the guitars on the tree. It’s all so Christmassy! :snowman_with_snow:

3 Likes

Hi Jasmine,
Thank you very much :blush:
I will ask Richard if there is room left in his moving box with 'ego 'on it :blush:

A little brighter
is exactly the word I should have used…thanks for that

Thanks for the compliment about the atmosphere, it is a lot better than last year because since then I have never looked at a Christmas tree in the same way again… I can`t unsee it with the drag on top …Brian!!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:hot_face:

Here’s a bunch fresh from our own garden around September to recover from the shock,

I prefer a photo from the garden where they were beautiful, but I only have very old ones and/or zoomed in or very far away, etc. etc.

Greetings

Hi Lisa @Lisa_S Lisa Siegmund …Where Art Thou?
a bit subtly tucked away somewhere where in a 7 day`s old post so it might produce a grin if the attention is inconvenient… hopefully you are “just” very busy…
Greetings

6 Likes

:joy: :joy: yes, I don’t blame you :laughing: that’s quite a sight!!

Thanks for the follow-up picture of the sunflowers! It did help :smile: :smiley:
Your garden must be beautiful. They also look really pretty arranged in the vase on the side table :slightly_smiling_face::sunflower: :sunflower:

2 Likes

I enjoyed both versions Rogier, well played. Super stuff and they put me in a Christmassy mood. :smiley:
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas filled with love.

Ps. Did you really have to post that photo with the drag queen angel on top of the tree! :joy:.

3 Likes

Oh Rogier, I love that it’s an electric AND an acoustic guitar :heart_eyes:.

And as it seems that you like Winter sceneries, here’s a pic from my veranda - especially for you :hugs:.

8 Likes

Very nicely played Rogier!
I have a slight leaning towards the electric tone in your acoustasonic, but it sounds like a great instrument both ways.

Happy christmas to you both.

(That’s an interesting looking amp behind you BTW :grinning:)

1 Like